Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

burgers no dehydrator???
Posted by: cindy5393 ()
Date: December 31, 2006 04:39PM

Does anyone know a recipe for burgers without a dehydrator or some type of wrap or shell with no dehydrator I am having withdrawls for bread really bad

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: burgers no dehydrator???
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2007 02:54AM

Are you wanting a raw bread idea or raw burger recipe that does not require dehydrating?

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: January 06, 2007 12:17PM

It think I once read cindy, that if you set your oven to the lowest temp it could be used as a dehydrater.

Posted by: cindy5393 ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:56PM

My oven says 170 degrees even at its lowest. I tried to use it once to make some flax crackers but ended up dumping the whole thing. I think though that may have been the trays I used. What do you put things on if you use the oven? When I left the door open it would stay around 100 is that too low? I also did not have a very good thermometer just my one from outside and I could get a oven thermometer , I think.

Sherea...burgers or bread would be good Yesterday I had a total breakdown and ate mashed potatoes and toast..it felt so comfoting to me?? so tday I am starting anew. seems like days I eat 100% I feel so acid and empty I'm thinking I need something a bit more filling. I have been vegan for a long time so I never eat dairy oe meats or anything animal but it was very much more filling that the raw food is. Also I only prepare food for myself so spending 14 hours on something with my scheduale is next to impossible.

Thanks.Cindy

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 07, 2007 08:08PM

Raw Bugers.

Process:

Carrots
almonds
peppers
onion
celery
sea salt
garlic
flax seeds

Make this mixture into a patty and serve between lettuce leaves with any raw dressing.

I like to make this burger mixed with raw hummus dip. It holds together better.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 15, 2007 01:29AM

trinity

yer very creative

i maight try that

Posted by: No5 ()
Date: January 15, 2007 01:45AM

You can replace the almonds with walnuts and sunflower seeds for a "meatier" taste and texture. Also, you can add a little cumin, paprika, and chili pepper for a chili burger.

I've never tried it but you might be able to use some cheesecloth to squeeze out the liquid that's preventing your non-dehydrated burgers from holding together.

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 18, 2007 07:08AM

Mine are dehydrating right now...but seems like they're not sticking together very well. What can I add that will make the texture stick better?

I mixed up everything as mentioned up pretty much...carrots almonds etc..

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: January 21, 2007 10:39AM

na(raw)dia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mine are dehydrating right now...but seems like
> they're not sticking together very well. What can
> I add that will make the texture stick better?
>
> I mixed up everything as mentioned up pretty
> much...carrots almonds etc..

If the mixture is too wet make a 'flour' by grinding nuts or seeds and adding to the mixture.
Ground flax seeds help absorb moisture

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: February 01, 2007 04:45AM

I use the hummus to keep it holding together. Pine nuts might help because they are naturally oily. I suppose you could use some E.V.O.O If you are not against it.

Posted by: ilovecarrotjuice ()
Date: February 03, 2007 09:24PM

i save the carrot/celery pulp from making juice in the morning and eat it with my salad at night. sometimes i will mix some olive oil, nama shoyu (or braggs or sea salt) and some chili pepper with it. The oil helps it stick together and when i eat it with salad it is really filling like a raw bread or burger. the texture of it kinda reminds me of bread.

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 05, 2007 11:48PM

Something about oven on a low temp being carcinogenic? Not as good as a dehydrator but I can't remember where I read that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables