Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Desperate for a raw chip recipe that tastes GOOD!
Posted by: deemel ()
Date: January 04, 2007 12:19AM

Hey all
Hoping for some inspiration, as the potato chip recipes I have made do not seem to taste right or have the right texture to resemble a good ole potato chip/vege chip.
Happy to try any vege to make them, but my chips always turn out chewy - worried that I might pull out a filling with them!! Is there some trick to making them...please let me know...
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Desperate for a raw chip recipe that tastes GOOD!
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 04, 2007 07:20PM

I really was addicted to chips and crackers when eating cooked. I never could find the right crunch and texture I wanted until I went to Whole Foods in Houston and got a box of Yaya's Raw Rah crackers. I then realized I could have a really good raw cracker and I got some idea of how the texture should be. Then I was helped even more when I bought "Absolutely Abeba's Krazy Krackers" book. There is a good corn chip recipe in there. I grew up in Texas where Mexican food was a staple. I really missed it but this weekend I mad chili rellanos, pico de gallo, guacamole and corn chips ( I call them Fritos). Mmucho Bueno!!!

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: January 06, 2007 12:16PM

This is one of the most tastiest chip recipies I have found. One or two bunches of Kale rinced and cut into small but not tiny pieces. It will shrink one in dehydrater, and you may like to cut the middle stem part out as it can be quite chewy. Mixed with olive oil, good quality sea salt, and apple cider vinegar. And dehrydrated at about 110 for a few hours or untill crisp.Enjoy!

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 08, 2007 11:38AM

i just soaked raw potato slices soaked in vinegar and sprinkled with garlic powder and seal salt and put them in my food dryer and they are pretty good.

Date: January 08, 2007 11:50AM

i just soaked raw potato slices soaked in vinegar and sprinkled with garlic powder and seal salt and put them in my food dryer and they are pretty good.not good like the bad stuff but good none the less.

Date: January 10, 2007 04:07AM

oh how funny-it posted two times-i wondered where it went to.right here.hee hee.sorry-taylor.

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 10, 2007 04:42AM

does the vinegar taste stay on them taylor?

Date: January 10, 2007 12:37PM

it does-i think i should of soaked me a bit more...and added more spices-also i think i should of made them thinner...but they are crunchy.

Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: January 10, 2007 10:19PM

I don't have my recipe here with me, but you can use lemon juice instead of vinegar. In fact, the whole idea of raw food is to get rid of the acids in our diet, so I have always liked the idea of lemon juice better <g>.

The recipe would have been in the archives but since the crash it's not going to be here any longer but in essence, cut up the potato into the lemon juice (i.e., put lemon juice in bowl and mandolin-slice the potatoes into that bowl. Move the slices around to coat with lemon juice.

If you add a bit of oil to the mixture, then when you remove the dried potatoes and put in a container or bag with spices and shake, you'll get things like barbecued chips, etc.

I'll try to remember to get the recipe off my computer at home and post.

Enjoy. yawning smileyD

Date: January 11, 2007 01:17AM

well-i think lemon juice sounds really good too! yummmy! thanks for the good thoughts.taylor

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: February 01, 2007 04:48AM

Dont use salt until after its crispy. If you use salt before it will take longer to dry and wont crisp as nicely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables