Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

seasoning
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2007 08:35AM

can anyone tell me what seasoning l can stock up for my storecupboard as lm new to raw food eating.lv got dried herbs,salt, olive oil so far.many thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: seasoning
Posted by: No5 ()
Date: January 05, 2007 08:30PM

I've recently started exploring more complex recipes instead of my usual mono-munching and I've begun to research seasonings as a result. I'm definitely no expert but I'll throw out some recommendations to get you started...

BASICS
Salt (Sea Salt Or Himalayan Salt)
Pepper (Preferably Whole & Ground Per Use)
Olive Oil (Extra Virgin First Cold Press)

MILD SPICES (Preferably Whole & Ground Per Use)
Cinnamon
Coriander
Fennel

MODERATE SPICES (Preferably Whole & Ground Per Use)
Cumin
Nutmeg
Paprika

STRONG SPICES (Preferably Whole & Ground Per Use)
Cayenne
Clove
Mustard

HERBS (Preferably Fresh)
Basil
Cilantro
Oregano
Sage
Dill

FRUIT
Lemon
Lime
Orange

SWEETENERS
Dates

If you're okay with root veggies than you will probably want to stock fresh onions and garlic as well. Try to get everything organic and non-irradiated and start uncooking! I recommend Bariani for your olive oil, Frontier or Simply Organic for your spices, Date People for your dates, and a good organic produce section for everything else.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2007 04:35PM

thank u so much for yr reply, its a great help.lm finding it very expensive at the moment as lm trying a different recipe every day,trying out raw foods lv never eaten before,to see if l like the taste.lm hoping to make a sq foot veg garden as my health improves(to help the budget) as l love gardening but had to stop these last 2 yrs.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 15, 2007 03:49AM

dear redpoppy;i too am trying to change my kitchen over to a raw kitchen.i got carob powder to try rawrocks recipe...so good.6.99$ a pound in the bulk foods.i about fell on the floor when hubby came in and told me what he spent.i got some almonds and dates and dried apricots and golden raisins and wheat berries and on and on.rw cashews.just when i think i have enough for one recipe...i find i don't need cashews but almonds.i too am trying to get the spices i need. i sort of eat fresh raw fruit and veggies and every couple of days get things sprouted and /or dried and then i finally get up enough to try a new recipe.so good luck.it is very fun and very interesting.i too-am waiting for spring to put in a little garden.good luck.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables