Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bread
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 09, 2007 04:00PM

ok-this is my frist experience with raw bread.i soaked wheat berries 2 days till the shoot was as long as the berry grain itself.i let them dry for 3 hours and then i put them thru the champion juicer with the smooth plate in(i never knew it was called the smooth plate tilli got on here)then i put them thru again to make a smooth paste.it was a bit -a tiny bit gooey.but i kneaded it a bit.i still saw the wheat berry sprouted roots.some.i made 4 round hamburger bun size Loaves of bread.i do not have teflex for the food dryer-so i put them in the over -the sproutman says 250 degrees but i did like less than 200.i know it is not as good as the food dryer...but the experience for a first time of doing this is valuable.and the reading and seeing what kind of wheat to buy and the sprouting and doing...all good. next time-i will get the teflex for my food dryer.someone said use the coffee filters-i thought good idea.but the dough was a bit too gooey.is all of this normal.i know how to make really yummy regular bread but this is all new.thanks for any tips.taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bread
Date: January 09, 2007 04:01PM

also-i am gonna post a picture tonite or tomorrow...

Date: January 09, 2007 06:50PM

WOW-I JUST GOT MY BREAD OUT OF THE OVEN.IT IS SO SO GOOD.I NEVER TASTED THE LIKE OF IT.NO SUGAR-NO OIL NO BAD STUFF.JUST REALLY GOOD GOOD HEALTH BREAD.

Posted by: all one ()
Date: January 09, 2007 09:36PM

i plan on making bread tonight with wheatberries aswell. did you add anything else to the recipe or just use the grain?

congrats on your bread by the way. this will be my first raw bread too!

Peace and Harmony

Date: January 10, 2007 04:05AM

hi all one! well-i got the recipe from the sproutmans garden kitchen cookbook.it is to soak 2 cups of wheat berries(hard winter wheat) and soak for 2 days-rinse two times a day...then when the blade is as long as the wheat berry-u don't rinse the last time-you lay them out to dry for 3 to 6 hours.u grind it up to a paste...then form into 4 tiny loafs.bake in the oven as low as it goes or in the food dyer.the oven was 3-4 hours.i did it there cause i had not teflex sheets.soon i will get some.do u have some?are they expensive?are they at health food stores?i will be excited to hear how yours turned out. i was going to take a picture but i ate 2 of them.soooo good.wow.nothing goes in them.so simple.i will take a picture next time. hubby wants one for breakfast and i want the other one for my lunch tomorrow.so i will start soaking again tonite. for new breads.so crazy-so few ingredients-who could believe it could be so delicious?have a great time uncooking...taylor

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: January 19, 2007 03:52AM

wow that sounds very good and healther but lots of work.. I normally buy the 100% flourless Sprouted wheat bread from Trader Joes/ Eziekiel.

Posted by: all one ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:16AM

hey taylor. my bread turned out okay taste wise. I tend to let things dehydrate for too long :/ so it was very crispy. i used soft wheat berries so i think ill try the kind you used next time. thanks for the info on your bread, it will help me next time.

oh and to answer your questions i have a dehydrator, but no teflex sheets. i think you can buy them for a discount through this site for being a member... i know you can for the spiral slicer anyway hehe...

Peace and Harmony

Date: January 19, 2007 12:39PM

gotveggie-new to this stuff and i don't know all the stuff out there.i will go to trader joes for this bread.so cool to know.it was not really alot of work at all.just the sprouting is all.it took a couple of days.then just grind in the the champion juicer and then form the loafs.it was so good. and ALL ONE-i did not know u coul dbuy teflex sheets thru here. i was sort of going thru parchment paper cause of all the stuff about the maybe contamination u get thru using the teflex.WHAT DOES A SPIRAL SLICER DO?I need to start taking pics of the food i make...to help others.tonite i am making strips of raw zucchini with sun dried tomato sauce over the zucchini.i think i am convinced to head to trader joes though.thanks so much for the feedback.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables