Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

buckwheat
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: January 10, 2007 08:40PM

I'm looking for good raw buckwheat recipes. Please post one or at least tell how you incorporate buckwheat into your diet.

Thanks all you rawies!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: buckwheat
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 12, 2007 11:31AM

here's one!2-4 cups of buckwheat and pinch of cinnamon...soak the buckwheat for 8-12 hours and sprout for 2 days,rinsing at least 3 times a day.sprinkle with cinnamon.place on dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 6-8 hours at 105 degrees or until dry and crispy.good luck an dlet me know how it is...taylor

Posted by: rawrocks ()
Date: January 12, 2007 12:44PM

Hello, ive started using sprouted buckwheat for a porridge.

When its sprouted and dehydrated it will last for ages. I just add a cup of buckwheat, one banana, teaspoon cinammon, sometimes vanilla (but i dont normally need it), one cup water or you could use a nut milk. You can even add some coconut cream.

I dont like mine too sweet but if you want it sweeter, you could add a date or raisins. Ive tried it with pears aswell but i prefer banana because it gives it more of a creamy consistency.

Blend it up (Im using a Vitamix blender). Just add more or less or whatever you need.

Enjoy

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 13, 2007 03:50AM

hi rawrocks-i found another recipe for buckwheat.it is 5c.of buckwheat,sprouted and 5t.of honey,5t.of sucanat raw sugar,5t. of vanilla,3t. of cinnamon,2t.of sea salt,and 1c.of raisins,and 1/2c.of dates,chopped.partially process all the ingredients in a food processor to a sticky consistency.do not cream the misture.spread the mxture directly on dehydrator screens(no teflex sheets)and dry till crunchy.makes 6-7 cups. i have not tried this but am planning to.i still am trying to get the stuff together to make some crakers and to make a raw dip.i am trying this and that.to see what we like.thank u for the good recipe above.i will try it

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: January 28, 2007 06:50PM

Thanks Taylor and rawrocks!

I've been playing around with your ideas and here's what I came up with.

I used a mixture of sprouted buckwheat and sprouted sunflower seeds.
For one of the batches, I soaked them in a mixture of Nama Shoyu, lemon juice, a dash of agave nectar and cumin. I let them marinate overnight and then dehydrated them till crunchy. I'm using them on salads as croutons. Very yummy - SAD hubby likes them, too.

The other batch is marinated in maple syrup (I know), cinnamon, dash of lemon. Again, marinated overnight and then dehydrated. This could be a cereal or snack. I'm going to be using it for the crunchy stuff on top of apples to make a raw apple crisp. I slice the apples, toss them in a mixture of water,blended dates, lemon juice and cinnamon and salt. Then I dehydrate them till they are soft but not all dried out.

I made pizza crusts this week with a blend of buckwheat and sunflower seeds and flax. They turned out pretty well, but I need to tweak the seasonings.

Thanks for your suggestions and efforts!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables