Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cheap dehydrator ok for beginner?
Posted by: quietgrrrl ()
Date: January 15, 2007 06:26PM

Hi,

Just joined. I have been trying raw foods lately and would like to do more, especially with desserts and crackers. If I just want to try them to make sure I like them, would a cheapie dehydrator suffice? If my foods turn out nicely, I will invest in a proper dehydrator, but I don't want to lay out $100+ for an experiment that may fail. But would I get decent results with the $20 model from Target?

I did search the archives and didn't find anything, but if there's already discussion on this topic, please direct me there.

Thank you.

P.S. It's just me here and I won't be preparing large amounts of food with the dehydrator, so it doesn't need to be big.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cheap dehydrator ok for beginner?
Posted by: all one ()
Date: January 19, 2007 05:23AM

i bought a cheap dehydrator from meijer and it seems to work fine for me. It doesnt have a temp setting which i dont like, but hey it didnt cost me 400 dollars either! its by ronco if you were wondering.

Peace and Harmony

Posted by: quietgrrrl ()
Date: January 20, 2007 05:40PM

Cool. Thanks for the response!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 21, 2007 05:55AM

I think Ronco temp is too high to preserve enzymmes. You can find cheap ones with a temp. control. I wonder if you could manipulate it somehow, such as taking the top off, to keep the temp. down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables