Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

jams and spreads for sprout breads
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 16, 2007 12:39PM

date and apricot jam...1c.dried apricots(wash and cover with water),ic.pitted dates,1 tsp.of grated orange or lemon rind...when apricots are soft,whiz in blender with dates,using the water from off the apricots.add only enough water to blend well for a thick spread.ANOTHER ONE IS ANOTHER DRIED FRUIT SPREAD;dates,figs,almonds and orange juice.put equal amounts of the fruits thru a medium food grinder(all together).put into a mixing bowl.add orange juice to moisten and make a consistency for spreading."date cream sauce"(uncooked)-is one more interesting recipe.1/4C.LEMON JUICE,1/2C.OF WATER,10 PITTED DATES,1/2 tsp.of ORANGE JUICE,1tsp.OF FLAX SEEDS.BLEND WELL IN OSTERIZER.WHEN LIQUIFIED ADD 3TABLESPOONS OF OIL SLOWLY-WHILE THE BLENDER IS GOING.GOOD ON WHEAT SPROUTS AND FRUITS.(I JUST WOULD NOT ADD THE OIL)TAYLOR

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: jams and spreads for sprout breads
Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 23, 2007 03:57AM

Thanks for the recipes. One of my favs is whole strawberries in a food processor with a squirt of raw honey. And pulse to liking. It's do delicious. I use it for cake topping right now because I dont have a way to make raw breads yet.

Date: January 23, 2007 09:20AM

yum! thanks trinity-sounds so good.taylor

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 23, 2007 06:25PM

you can take any fruit you like process in a food processor or blender with agave or honey or stevia any sweatner...you can also dehydrate the food before so that the flavor intensifies.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: January 23, 2007 07:10PM

Thanks for sharing.

I think i want to make raw marmalade some time. I've not had had that for ages.

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: January 23, 2007 07:19PM

Dear Ian,how do u do this? thanks taylor

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: January 24, 2007 03:30AM

Hi Taylor,

I'm still figuring out the recipe. I thinking of using either kumquats, or dehydrated slices of oranges mixed with some dates maybe. I'll post a recipe when I figure it out (or I post my research if my recipe fails).

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: January 24, 2007 03:52AM

thank u Ian...it sounds very good.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables