Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coconut pulp
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 26, 2007 12:37PM

hi everyone! i need some help here...what is coconut pulp? is it just the coconut meat?but raw foodist call it pulp or is pulp the coconut meat smashed up to a pulp?i am trying to follow the gabriel cousens book and trying to get ideas for breakfast...cause u can not use any fruit in this phase 1.ok-thanks...taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coconut pulp
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2007 09:34PM

Coconut pulp is the meat from young coconuts. The young coconuts are filled with wtaer which is both delicious and healthful and there is usually a soft pulp in ther coconut as well.

j

Posted by: MissEleanor ()
Date: January 27, 2007 02:30AM

Hey I have a follow up question. I put the water and meat from a young coconut in my processor and mixed it all up and then strained it through a mesh bag to get the coconut milk. So, what are some good things to do with the pulp left in the bag?
Eleanor

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 27, 2007 04:18AM

Dear MissEleanor...u could make granola.1c.almonds,soaked.1c.coconut pulp.1T.tree of life mesquite pod meal(i have no clue what this one is)-1T.pumpkin pie spice.1t.celtic salt...process ingredients until chunky and dehydrate for 3 hours at 145 degrees and then 2-3 hours at 115 degrees.serve with fresh nut/seed mylk.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: January 27, 2007 06:08AM

Coconut maccaroons (maccarawooons?):

Mix some nut butter, agrave (or date), vanilla (and tiny pinch of salt if you desire) with the coconut pulp. Add the nut butter a little at a time mixing it in until you get a nice dough. Make it into 1" to 1.5" diameter balls and dehydrate
for a few hours at 105F until they are dry to the touch, but still chewy inside.

Yummy.

Ian.

Posted by: MissEleanor ()
Date: January 27, 2007 12:31PM

Ooohhooohoooo, hungry now =)

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: January 28, 2007 06:33PM

I'm having a green smoothie with the meat and water of a coconut - as I type!
My hubby just recently bought me a cleaver and look out - no coconut on the planet is safe now! I LOVE the things!

I haven't really started playing around with recipes, but I did notice that
Sarma Mengailis (Raw Food Real World) cuts coconut meat into thin strips and uses them as pasta with a peanut sauce. Some coconut flesh is too soft, but the one I opened today would have worked, as the flesh was quite firm. I tried cutting some of it into little strips and it was quite chewy. But then I just threw them into the blender for my smoothie. Raw is fun!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 29, 2007 01:54AM

Oh yum! I got a baby coconut today. I'm going to try and make the macaroons tommorow. We have a dehydration setting on our oven that we have never had a reason to use. Now I do yay!
taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear MissEleanor...u could make
> granola.1c.almonds,soaked.1c.coconut pulp.1T.tree
> of life mesquite pod meal(i have no clue what this
> one is)-1T.pumpkin pie spice.1t.celtic
> salt...process ingredients until chunky and
> dehydrate for 3 hours at 145 degrees and then 2-3
> hours at 115 degrees.serve with fresh nut/seed
> mylk.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables