Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

spiral slicer
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 06, 2007 09:22PM

on my word!! i went everywhere under the sun to find one.no one knows what they are.i went to macys and to freddies and to linens and things and to world plus markets and to target and to EVERYWHERE.THEN i went to kitchen kaboodle.there was one and it looks cheap...but 60$.they just got it in yesterday...just one.sheesh.yea! i grabbed it.it was driving me crazy to not find one.has anyone had experience with the BENRINER SPIRAL SLICER?well-i cann't wait to get over my water fast to try this out and my mandolin slicer.whee!!hope this thing works-the spiral slicer-it is green and looks cheaply made.they said if it was whimpy -they would let me return it.thanks and hope someone can tell me the kind of slicers they have and did everyone get theres online?thnaks taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: spiral slicer
Date: February 07, 2007 01:13AM

Hi taylor!

I have used the Benriner spiral slicer (a friend of mine got one for Christmas) and I thought it worked fantastic. It didn't appear to be cheaply made in fact quite the opposite... I found it to be quite sturdy. Its made of a hard resin if memory serves me correct and it really seemed to do well with hard root veggies like carrots and daikons.

Most of the slicers/appliances/equipment I have in my kitchen I purchased online (with the exception of my knives).

I have also heard very good things about the Spirooli slicer so now I am torn between getting a Spirooli or a Benriner (I'm probably no help to you sorry hun lol)

Date: February 07, 2007 02:54AM

yes! u are correct-i remember the box did say hard resin.thank u so much.this gives me great encouragment that i did not waste me money.i know this is goofy but i don't like to purchase online.an old person thing.see-i did not really even know nor have the option of different brands and the pro's and cons of them as i only found one.i searched hi and low.so thanks so much, i am excited to get off my water fast and try it.taylor

Date: February 07, 2007 04:58AM

No no that doesn't sound goofy at all and I can understand your wariness to order online (though I do quite frequently, I only order from very known and reputable sources).

How many more days left do you have on your water fast and how are you feeling so far?

Lisa

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:02AM

hi taylor i see you saw my post on the spiral slicer and went and got one smiling smiley...good for you!!! oh and we are almost done with day 1!!!!!!! congratulations.....i am very proud of you! we are going to feel amazing in a few days!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 07, 2007 12:32PM

lisa and dear sachelle-i am feelig very amazed at this experience. i have never fasted before.yesterday went very well.i feel really good.I had a headache yesterday and then in the nite all my sinus issues went thru a clearing up.i sort of hope to do this 3 days...maybe more.it depends on how i feel-i want to have enough time to get a detox going.so sachelle-lets play it by ear.i am proud of u too sachelle.amazing.hope u are feeling alright.hugs taylor(thnaks lisa for asking about how we are doing?fine...more than fine)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 07, 2007 07:57PM

Was wondering what site you went to to get the spiral slicer. Sounds like a terrific gadget. Have been doing mine by hand. Takes forever. Also, you are talking about a water fast. Haven't done that. Been on the Fit For Life system. It's working great. Explain the water fast please?

Date: February 07, 2007 10:21PM

dear lunarwitch-i got my spiral slicer from the store called kitchen kaboodle.it was 60$.i know i was slicing zucchini by hand.it was too time consuming.well-i am just not eating.drinking water...along with sachelle.a member on this site.we don't know how long we are doing it.this is day2 but today was harder than yesterday.i was hungry today.but i read after day2 u aren't hungry anymore.thats about it.good luck on your search for the spiral slicer.i had to search everywhere for mine.no one even knew what it was.thanks taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 09, 2007 04:05AM

hey lunarwitch...under the members section there is a spiral slicer you can purchase...i have heard it is a good one!! good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
p.s. thanks taylor i am doing good....starting to miss my veggies and fruits funny thing the fast makes you think about things..like all the days we have been doing raw sometimes we crave cooked foods..and nowthat we are healing our bodies with a fast we crave what nature gives us...yea us!!!
love ya

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 09, 2007 06:22AM

Hi.
Have any of you used a gadget called a radish cutter/ spiral slicer to make veggie ribbons? It is a sort of old school, two-part tool: a thin rod with a loop at one end and a flat blade with a finger hole at one end and a screw at the other. I just got it to make veggie spirals but am having a hard time. I tried a carrot and got a few spirals with much difficulty. Does anyone know how to use this tool or have any suggestions about it? Thanks!
Tonya

Date: February 09, 2007 12:44PM

dear tonya-i don't know gal.i just got the madolin slicer and the spiral slcier and i went on a water fast with sachelle and have been dying to use these new toys.anyway-the spiral slicer was spendy and i was not sure if it was a good one but i guess it is what we raw foodist use. i am new to this stuff so i thought it was a crazy price.then i saw it on line for even more money than i paid at the store. it was 65$ and then the shipping cost.wheee! i feel better already.I am excited cause tonite i am getting the spiral slcier out and having spaghetti noodles out of zucchini and i am going today to get the sundried maters.yum.should be so good.good luck on your veggie ribbons.i have the madolin slicer and i think it makes veggie ribbons and they are at walmart and target and everywhere .my mandolin slicer was 10$.ever farberware put out a 10 $ one.goodluck.have fun.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables