Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

eat smart,eat raw
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 22, 2007 12:29AM

this cookbook is really good for one reason.it has a break down of the calories and fat and carbs and fiber in each recipe in this book;i wish all cookbooks where this way.it is by kate wood.also it has alot of interesting facts on each page. like this;green beans are sprayed with over 60 pesticides..so buy organic is u can.aghhh! horrid!!or dulse contains 15 more calcium,weight for weight than cows milk.whatever that means!it is an interesting book.does anyone have this book and what recipes have u tried.thanks taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: eat smart,eat raw
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 22, 2007 11:13AM

Hey Taylor...i have this book i just bought it the other day haven't tried any receipes yet...hey btw...you have dining in the raw book right?? i noticed your broccoli soup came straight out of ther when looking through it...have you tried anything out of there yet besides that???
thanks love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo
oh and ps...weight for weight means 1 cup of cow's milk and 1 cup dulse haha....it just means same amounts or equal amounts

Date: February 22, 2007 11:28AM

hey i love those books dear sachelle...but i really love the dining in the raw book.i think for 20$ and it has over 700 recipes...pretty good deal.i have been putting stars on the ones i have tried and liked from that book.i have tried the luscious strawberry soup on page 46.i blended everything and then i added chopped up berries inside and grape halves.it was good.i have made the lettuce rolls and the avocado stuffed tomaotes.all good.i want to do nori rolls and i need to get dulse cause i hear it is high in calcium.but u know sachelle...i don't do the pies cause a nut/date pie crust spells major calories.i try to only eat like 1/4 c. of sunflower seeds or 10 almonds a day-if that.or an avocado half here and there.i fell in love with the cream of broccoli soup but can only have it maybe once a week till i loose.hugs and sachelle-let me know what u have tried.hugs taylor

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 22, 2007 08:23PM

I feel so lucky not to have to worry about weight. I mean there is so much else to think about with this diet, losing weight would just be a whole other obstacle. You have my postitve energy of support drifting your way. Look for for it. smiling smiley

Date: February 22, 2007 11:19PM

thank u so much pakd4fun!! yes-there is alot to this.when i started i just thought"eat raw'...never knew it was all so complicated.i feel the positive vibes...thanks gal!!! hugs taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 24, 2007 07:41PM

HI taylor...yeah the weight loss thing is a biggie for me as you know....but i have been noticing lately that i have come to a halt with everything you know???? and in reading the 12 steps to raw she says that avo's help break up your fat and makes it easier to digest and get rid of...that an avo a day is good for weight loss.....so i went and bought some the other day to start incorporating them again...but i don't eat any nuts or seeds or dates....only veggies and lately little fruit....i don't like to use oils either...so i guess my fat source is my avo a day haha....i will see how this works!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Date: February 25, 2007 12:52AM

yeah sachelle,i don't use any oil anywhere.i do use sunflower seeds.i might use 1/4 c. or a half a handful of almonds.today i made a pretty good recipe.it was "fish"patties.the ingredients are,
3 med. rutabaga's
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tablespoon of celtic sea salt(i used none)
1/4 c.olive oil(i did not use any)
1 tablespoon of grated onions.
put the peeled rutabaga's thru the champion juicer with the smooth plate in-not the juicer screen.it made a creamy mush. i added chopped alfalfa sprouts and miso and all the above and oh-chopped up mushrooms.they made a nice consistency and i put them in the food dryer(0h!! i rolled them in flaxseed meal for a batter)and dried....the recipe book says 10 hours.but i think my food dryer must be hotter than 90 degrees.so it only took a few hours.they are moist but good. i put them on romaine lettuce and slices of bit tomatoes and a thin slice of avocado.these were pretty good. i will make them again cause they were so simple.

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables