Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

nori rolls
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 23, 2007 01:22AM

i made them and i hate them,the smell is so fishy.i like the kind with the rice.like the california rolls.but the sheets smell was so sick.agh.i thought they would taste better.i liked the veggies in them. i think i will just stick to lettuce leaves.i did discover kimchee.a fermenting cabbage,i think.i like it.taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: nori rolls
Posted by: No5 ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:58AM

I had the exact same reaction when I made raw nori sushi. The jicama "rice" I made was good and the veggies were good but the nori was too fishy for me.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 23, 2007 06:26AM

What brand nori are you guys using? I don't notice this with nori I've be using. Although it could be a taste thing. Did you enjoy sushi/nori when you ate cooked foods?

Thanks,
Ian.

Date: February 23, 2007 11:55AM

i did when i was not raw.boy!! i thought fishy.i wonder if omega's are in the nori sheets. i got mine from the regular grocery store.uummm! i never noticed it before when i was not raw. i loved them.

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 23, 2007 05:19PM

I'm using Emerald Cove's "Organic Pacific Nori", (Untoasted dried seaweed/porphyra yezoensis) it's great no fishy smell or anything I can detect (and I've disliked fish for a looooong time).

Ian.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 24, 2007 02:58AM

I use the Emerald Cove too and love them. But I love sushi and always have.

No 5- How do you make jicama rice?

Date: February 24, 2007 03:54AM

ok-this must be the problem...mine is called sushihane by takaokaya.it is roasted and it is stinky!!so this is probably it. thanks so much everyone. i am going to the store to get emerald cove nori sheets. thanks so very much.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 26, 2007 11:17AM

Hey pakd4fun,

To make jicama rice, you grate/FP up a jicama until the bits are about the size of rice, then marinate them in a mixture of apple cider vinegar and a bit of agave nectar, then dehydrate until they're no longer dripping wet. I'm remembering this from the "raw food real world" book I think. Its nice!

p

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 26, 2007 05:38PM

Thanks, I am going to try this. I love jicama.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables