Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

looking for a power bar recipe with cacao Nibs
Posted by: Runninggal1974 ()
Date: February 23, 2007 04:29AM

I love the Maya bars but thought they look easy to duplicate as they seem to be simply raw organic nuts, cacao nibs, and cocoa powder...does anyone have any recipes that use cacao nibs to make a handy, portable power bar?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: looking for a power bar recipe with cacao Nibs
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 23, 2007 06:23AM

Hi,

I just make up my recipes. Add dates and/or dried bananas (or other died fruits, strawberries, apples, oranges, etc.) to some nuts and whatever flavouring you want (cacao nibs/powder, ginger, vanilla bean, cinimon, candy cap mushrooms, etc.). Put the ingreedents in the food processor, pulse a few times, add either nuts or dried fruit until you're happy the consistancy, make into bars and eat!

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: Runninggal1974 ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:37PM

Thanks Ian,

I have been working with those ingredients but it keeps coming out like a yummy, but crumbly pile. How many dates do you use (approx) per cup of nuts? Maybe that would help. So there is no need to dehydrate the mixture a little to help it stay in a bar shape so it's portable for backpacking?

The fun thing with this is even the "mistakes" taste yummy!!

Happy eating,
Julie

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 23, 2007 05:22PM

You could soak the dates for a little while before to make them stickier. I'm using about 50/50 dates and nuts, sometimes i need to add more dates to get it to stick.
I don't dehydrate the bars, but another option is to make fruit leathers (which are dehydrated).

I'm going to play with making fruit leathers the contain nuts at something point. I think lots of fun things could be made that way.

Cheers,
Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables