Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

carrot bread
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 26, 2007 08:52PM

well-the rainbow green-live cookbook has some easy and good recipes for breads and crackers. i got 3 c.of carrot pulp and 1c. of raisins(soaked and pureed),and one vanilla bean,1t.of cinnamon,a pinch of celtic salt,and 1/4c. flaxseed meal.mix all up-if too wet:add more flaxseed meal.form into a loaf and cut into slices and put in food dryer.mine does not have a temp.control button.so i am just letting it be in the food dryer for about 5 hours.it is said the pieces should be soft when done.i cann't wait.yummy.dinner tonite...i will have a piece of bread.thanks taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: carrot bread
Date: February 26, 2007 11:14PM

well-i had the bread and it is good.i had it with a bowl of cream of broccoli soup.it was alll soooo good.feel very good.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 27, 2007 07:52PM

So, I see you are still eating the carrots. Are you still orange? I was thinking it might help my summer color if I increased the carrot intake. I am loving carrot juice with some apple. Also adding a touch of ginger gives it a wonderful zing.

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 02, 2007 09:54PM

Thanks for posting this recipe, Taylor. I saw that you mentioned it in another post and I was going to post a request asking you for the recipe. But I did a search... and here it is! I'm excited to try it. Can't, though, until my fast is over. Anyway, it sounds delicious!

Pam

Date: March 03, 2007 03:55AM

Dear pam-it is not my version of yummy baked carrot bread-but i could see it being really good with raw tahini.good luck.hugs taylor

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 07, 2007 07:00AM

Hi Taylor. I did the bread,and it's delicious with the flax meal on the outside.
They have amazing things on this book.
I would like to ask you if you like this book better then any other raw food recipe book.Looks like it is different from the others.

Date: March 07, 2007 12:22PM

hi cy-i love the gabriel cousens book but i really like the "dining in the raw"cookbook.it is cheap(20$)and has over 700 recipes in it.the cream of broccoli soup is just glorious.i like this book cause it has transitional recipes.it combines the techniques of macrobiotic,vegan,allergy free,and raw foods.it is by rita romano.the carrot bread is good.how did u use it??what did u put on it?i could not decide what to put on it.in the end i just used lettuce,tomato and my parsnip fish patties cause i was hungry for bread.it was ok.but i felt i should of used tahini but i had already used that for the day and did not want to do too much in that dept.cause of my weight loss thing.hugs taylor

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 09, 2007 07:07PM

Taylor, I finished by fast and the transition so I made the carrot bread last night. I went to sleep with it in the dehydrator and when I woke up in the middle of the night, I flipped it over (and ate some!). It was ready this morning. Sweet and moist like a carrot muffin. I ate it plain... and I have to admit it's all gone as of 2 hours ago. (I only made a third of the recipe, though.) Super delicious... thanks for sharing!

Pam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables