Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

corn torillas
Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: March 09, 2007 06:59AM

i made my first corn tortillas yesterday and all i can say is WOW!

i have been high raw for 3 years and i've never made these before but i'll definately be making them now...alot!

this is the recipe i used. i got it from a friend, don't know where she got it from..

corn tortillas

3 cups frozen corn
1/2 cups chopped red pepper
3/4 cup golden flax seed ground fine
1 TBS lime juice
1 TBS ground chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cumin

i modified the recipe a bit, left out the spices (i didn't have them on hand) and put in less flax seed, and they turned out sooo good! for dinner tonight i filled a couple of tortillas with avo, alfalfa, lentil and pea sproutsl, onion, tomato, and salad greens. YUM!!

Just wanted to share with ya'll..

Re: corn torillas
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 09, 2007 09:55AM

thanks so much. i cann't wait to try these.they sound yummy.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: mameyluver ()
Date: March 12, 2007 01:42AM

This sounds delicious ... I see the list of ingredients, but can you tell me the process of how to make this. Thanks!

Date: March 12, 2007 02:57AM

just put everything in the food processor and spread thinly onto teflex sheets. you can make them round like traditional tortillas or cut them into squares. i dehydrated them for about 5 hours, then turned them over for two more. they should be bendy like tortillas should be.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: March 20, 2007 01:01AM

I am soooo making those! I buy them and they are way too expensive. Your recipe sounds delicious!

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: March 28, 2007 02:46PM

Do you think these can be dry stored -- I'm going on vacation and am looking for ways to stay high raw. It would be great if they didn't need to be refrigerated -- then I could bring them to restaurants, order a big salad and guac and feast.

Date: March 29, 2007 05:56AM

i think you could dry store them if you dehydrate them long enough. depending on how long your vacation is going to be you could dehydrate some that are bendy for the beginning of your trip and also some that are dehydrated longer so that they are more like tortilla chips to last until the end.

i've kept them in a bag unrefrigerated for over a week. never found out if they could last longer because i ate them!

Posted by: Petals ()
Date: March 29, 2007 09:17AM

Those do sound good. Will have to try them. Thanks!

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 02, 2007 05:02PM

Made them and they are excellent even without the chili powder. Couldn't find any fresh corn but got peaches and cream frozen. I did use too much flax seed though. Would make these again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables