Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

For Taylor
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: March 10, 2007 04:11AM

Hi Taylor:

I made a broccoli concoction this evening and seeing you recent posts on the broccoli soup I decided to pass this one along in case you'd want other broccoli variations.

Here it is:

I used leftovers from a dip (tahini, cashew, ground flax seeds and dates) originally made to go along with dehydrated plaintains.

Then I added the broccoli, yellow bell pepper, curry powder and Herbamere and mixed everything in a food processor and served it on small pieces of the remainder of the yellow bell pepper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Taylor
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 11, 2007 03:09AM

thank u so much for the added tips.it sounds wonderful.have u ever made the raw apple pie?? i just made one this morning. heavens to betsy!! it is better than any pie i have ever had.hugs and thanks so much.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: March 11, 2007 12:58PM

hey taylor,

what did you put in your apple pie??? i'm gearing up to make one and checking out different recipes..

peace,
mish

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: March 11, 2007 06:33PM

I have made the raw apple pie and enjoyed it. When I see recipes I like I print them and add them to my collection. Most of them came from this forum. The good thing about raw recipes is that you can be spontaneous and modify them as you go along and they still turn out good, just with a different twist.

Here are other pie variations people have shared:

For the crust: sunflower seeds, raisins and carob powder. The filling: apples, honey, cinnamon, lemon juice, shredded coconut, dash of clove plus another seasonal fruit.

Apple Cake: apples (fresh and dried), soaked pecans ground into flour, raisins, cinnamon, mesquite powder, nutmeg.

Apple spice cake: apples, pecans, dates, raisins, coconut, cashews, vanilla.

Another pie filling: apple, raisins, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut pieces.

Some recipes also add psyllium powder and/or vanilla to the crust.

P.S. With the cakes, you can also make your own icing and frost it if you so desire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 06:36PM by Pistachio.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 13, 2007 12:44AM

the apple pie i made was just so dog gone good.here it is:
crust
2c.of walnuts
1/2c.dates
1 tsp
cinnamon-grind all ingredients and press into a pie pan.
apple filling
get one apple and cut up into blender and add /2 c.dates and juice of one lemon,and 2 tsp.of pumpkin pie spice,and tbsp.of psyllium powder.liquify in blender.peel and slice 6 granny smith apples and slice very thin.add the blended sauce and pour into crust and pat in.put in fridge for a bit.soooo good.everyone who has tasted this especially non raw foodist can not get over how good it is.pistachio-thank u so much for all the recipes and info.i will sure be trying them.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables