Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

soking nuts
Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: March 19, 2007 01:53AM

I read that soaking/sprouting nuts lowers their fat content. Is this true? Does it change the protein content?

Has anyone else heard about this? just wondering...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: soking nuts
Date: March 19, 2007 01:55AM

ahem, *soaking** in the title, my bad...

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 19, 2007 09:11AM

haha it's okay....i have never heard this before.....i know that soaking/sprouting them breaks down the wall that blocks the enzymes from being used in the body and helpful....if release the enzymes and nutrients by soaking them...but as far as i can tell by receipe books i have that give fat ,kcals and nutrients per item and dish...the nuts still have all their fat and protein in them....so you aren't lowering the kcals or the fat content but at least you aren't lowering the protein haha...good luck....
hope this helps
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 19, 2007 04:30PM

I also read somewhere that soaking lowers the fat content. But this doesn't ring true. It would be nice if we COULD rinse the fat away, though, wouldn't it? smiling smiley Perhaps the author means that by plumping the nuts up with water, the percentage of fat is lowered because the volume of nuts increases. In other words, one cup of soaked nuts has fewer fat calories than one cup of unsoaked nuts. (Because the cup of unsoaked nuts would equal, say, 1 2/3 cups once you soak them.)

Date: March 19, 2007 11:46PM

what you said makes sense, Pam...it must be that. thanks sachelle, i guess it's good...no less fat but no less protein either! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables