Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High Energy Recipies Wanted!
Posted by: Niftethrifte ()
Date: March 30, 2007 06:28PM

I've only been RAW for a itty bitty 3 days but I feel as if I don't have much energy/motivation. I was wondering if anyone had any energy fixes that they use when their feeling a bit sluggish. I've been drinking green smoothies, should I just keep it up?

^My Daughter, Sage and I^

Wishing you a whole lotta love,
Niftethrifte

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Energy Recipies Wanted!
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: March 30, 2007 11:05PM

One word: DATES!!!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 02, 2007 12:47PM

raw green soups yumzzies

Posted by: rainbowgrl ()
Date: June 05, 2007 05:37PM

Just pick your favorite raw foods and eat them. Also...others say to take it slow...like eating healthy steamed veggies at night with fish or whatever...and consider...if you don't like it and don't have to eat raw for health...then...why?

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: June 06, 2007 03:16PM

regular wheatgrass juice shots ( 1 oz. once or twice daily for a few weeks) will perk up anybody.

at first it's nauseating if you haven't been used to drinking it regularly, but you will see the energy benefits big time. especially if you eat a clean
mono-ish raw diet with little gourmet raw.

another few tips for more food related energy if you are sluggish..if you eat cacao products, take them out of your diet. ditto if you still chug caffiene from coffee or tea. Caffiene can have a rebound effect where at first you are energized from it and then you can crash and drag and your body never seems to be as perky.
I would also say eliminate any sweeteners that come from a bottle or jar like raw honey or agave or yacon syrup. They are sugars that are more processed and higher on the glycemic index scale than fresh fruits or even pure sun dried organic dried fruits. Bottled sweeteners drag my energy down if I consume them on a regular basis in smoothies or treats.

I would also look into the idea of adding more protein into your diet if you are feeling sluggish. Yes, vegetables and fruits have protein, but based on your metabolic needs you may need some more for optimal bodily functioning and metabolism. Personaly speaking, when I would be feeling like I was dragging I became very adept at recognizing my differnt types of "sluggishness" and knew when I needed to add more raw protein to my diet. For me, 1 daily cup of sprouted red lentils was the best addition to my diet for my energy needs. Sometimes I would sprout french or green lentils or mung beans, but I liked what red lentils did for me best. Raw protein powders like Hemp powder are also super great convenient supplements that could give you more energy boosting and easy to digest protein.

Energy building is a bit of trial and error and being open to trying new ideas with food is one of the ways to see if dietary changes personally impact you and your personal metabolic base functions.

hope this helps... smiling smiley

peace
love
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables