Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do I need a new dehydrator?
Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: April 21, 2007 11:12PM

I see all these delicious-sounding recipes for burgers and tortillias and desserts and want to try a couple, but all I have is a crappy old-style dehydrator. You know, the kind that's stacks of donut-shaped trays? Can I use that or do I need something else? What are people using?

Thanks!
Shayla

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do I need a new dehydrator?
Posted by: ljbn ()
Date: April 22, 2007 12:18AM

I bought one of these round dehydrators when I went raw a year ago - it worked fine the 5 or 6 times I used it!

Use yours until you decide what style of raw you are going to aim for - gourmet raw foodies LOVE their expensive dehydrators and other kitchen gagets, mainstream raw foodies have and use thier dehydrators and such off and on, low-fat 80/10/10 folks tend to keep it simple and either only use a blender or some even choose not to do that....

You will figure out your style and preferences. Take what you need and leave the rest. Keep it Simple, Travel light and Use what you already have.

Simply,
Lesa

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 22, 2007 03:53AM

hi there...well i don't follow any of those raw food ways but i do not use the dehydrator either i have found in the few months i have been raw that i prefer whole foods in their natural state and if chance i want a treat of something raw and dehydrated i geti t from the store..or in case you can use yours smiling smiley
good lukc
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 22, 2007 03:57AM

ive got one of those round ronco type dehydraters... i say use it if ya got it .. use it till ya kil it ..

i hardly use mine anymore either cept to dry things from the garden smiling smiley

Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: April 22, 2007 05:09AM

Thanks everyone! Since I only want the occasional dehydrated goody, I think my old dehydrator will do the trick. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables