Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question????
Posted by: Ksee ()
Date: April 23, 2007 11:17PM

What are Nettles? And what does a young Coconut look like? And how does one break into the coconut???? LOL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question????
Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: April 24, 2007 05:46AM

I'll let others answer the coconut questions.

Here's a link on stinging nettles:

[en.wikipedia.org]

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 26, 2007 09:36AM

young thai coconuts are white and roundish square on the bottom with a little hat like pointed top haha.....you use a cleaver and you lie the coconut on it's side and swing the cleaver and make a dent...and continue this all the way around the coconut after going all the way around you should be able to pop the top off and enjoy the coconut mylk and flesh!! enjoy
love earth angel
xoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: April 28, 2007 02:41AM

Cool - I've seen these at the store but didn't know what they were - they aren't labelled !!!! Wonderful - thanks EA smiling smiley smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Date: April 30, 2007 05:51AM

hey no problem haha...they are great..love them!!!
enjoy
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:10AM

coconuts...

i use a screwdriver and a hammer.. make two holes on top, on different sides... and pour water into a large glass.. then coconut is empty and i don't waste a SINGLE drop..sometimes i have to blow air through one hole

then i take machete or LARGE knige with flat side up, sharpe side down, and use them hammer to drive the knife clean through the WHOLE coconut... gete spoon and start scooping

Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:17AM

Getting into a coconut isn't that hard at all! And you don' need hammers, drills, or screwdrivers. LOL

Just shave off the top around the point 'til you start seeing a brown part around the middle on top. Then you can try to find a soft spot where the brown tis. Put the TIP of your chef or other large knife against the top in the soft spot. Then bang the palm of your hand on the end of the knife handle. It will make the knife tip go into the coconut. Then you just lower the handle so the knife's horizontal on the counter, and cut around to make a "lid". Pull the lid off, pour the coconut water into a container, and use a spoon to scoop out all the yummy coconut meat. Make sure you don' get any of the hard stuff with the meat, though.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:22AM

hi howling...

what do you shave it with?

tiffntwins

Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:26AM

I used the same knife I used to puncture and cut the "lid" off with. Tis a chef knife I bought at Wal-Mart.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:24AM

Just a small clarification - young coconuts are green and oval shaped! (They are often refered to as green coconuts). What earthangel described (white, flat bottom etc) is a young coocnut which has had it's outer shell removed!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: May 15, 2007 07:51AM

hey thanks rob smiling smiley i should of clarified that as well i wasn't really thinking haha i was thinking of what they sell here in the US they already remove the shell...you can't find any green still smiling smiley easier shipping i guess!!! so ididn't explain that..thanks though cuz i should of for everyone who may see a greenie smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables