Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What R People Drinking W/Meals??????
Posted by: Ksee ()
Date: April 25, 2007 09:46PM

Just wondering what folks drink with their meals. I have water or tea. Any ideas out there are appreciated smiling smiley

Thanks!

Ksee ( One of my Irish Setter's)

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What R People Drinking W/Meals??????
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 26, 2007 03:07AM

Hello,

Ideally, one is not supposed to drink anything with the meal. This is so that the digestive enzymes work without dilution. After 30 minutes, one can drink.

I tried that method for awhile. Sometimes I remember to drink something like water or other times, I remember that I haven't drunk anything for awhile. Of course, if you are drinking juice, that is your meal/drink.

Lately, I find that I haven't drunk much during the day. I'm not sure why that is. It's only after the day is almost done that I realize that I drank very little water during the day. Then, I drink a couple of large glasses of water.

Therese

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 26, 2007 09:28AM

Therese you are probably getting pletny of water from your fruit and veggies...their content is very high and should keep you plenty hydrated....so that you will not need water throughout the day.....smiling smiley so that is a good thing....
oh and yes you aren't supposed to drink with meals optimumly....you should wait 15 min after drinking fluids to eat something...and wait 1 hour after meals to drink something...or else like Therese said it dilutes the digestive enzymes and slows down the process......hmm but if you have to have something with meals...i wouldn't suggest tea if it is hot tea...because it is heated it can not be good mixed with the raw food you are eating....the heat and all...
good luck and take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 10:26AM

Interesting advice! Thanks.

I will start today to hold off on drinking water with meals!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 26, 2007 11:47PM

I coulda swore somewhere I read that drinking tea with meals is a bad thing because something in the tea can block the absobtion of some vitamins or minerals. Not sure of the details on this though, but I remember coming across the info in one of my books.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:21AM

well, i hardly EVER drink anything with my meals... never have really.. oh except cooked nasty food like cheesburgers.. had to wash them down...

but since being high raw i have to say that i don't ever order a drink wiht a meal or pour myself one when i eat... i just drink when i feel thirsty.....

i have no methodology.... just do what i want..... such is life...

tiffntwins

Date: May 15, 2007 03:33PM

I am having water with my meals. I do eat lots of juicy fruits so I am not overly thirsty at any one time.

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables