Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help with chick peas
Posted by: mdelano123 ()
Date: April 27, 2007 09:55PM

Hi,

I have been including Chick peas in my diet lately and they are alright but they are a bit bland, does anyone know of any methods to add some flavor to them. just so you all know I usually put them though a food processor with some ground flax, organic Mexican seasoning, lime juice and soaked sesame seeds. What I am trying to avoid is salt garlic and onion.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help with chick peas
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 28, 2007 09:57AM

you can make a yummy hummus..soak the beans overnight...rince and drain in the morning...put in processor with some tahini..lemon juice and some seasonings...try fresh basil and tomatoes...or parsley and dill..or oregano and rosemary...all of which are a great combination...you can also put in some fresh ginger and jalepeno enough to give ita kick!!
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 29, 2007 03:19PM

if chick peas don't work
try sunflower seeds

smoothsmiling smiley

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 01, 2007 10:03PM

Use fresh chickpeas, rather than dried. They taste ***much*** better!

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: May 02, 2007 02:37AM

where do you get fresh chickpeas?
i live in the usa.

Date: May 02, 2007 06:16PM

I live in California and can get them in some farmer's markets and organic produce stores. Also, middle eastern and latino markets sometimes carry them as well. I think they are just coming into season now. Although somebody once told me they grow year around, I normal only seem in the stores from April to July.

Pick the onces with the greenest pods, if the pod is turning yellow, they will be slightly starchy (but not as bad a dried chickpeas).

Ian.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 03, 2007 08:33AM

hmm thanks for tip ian...where in cali?? do you live more northern?? i am in southern cali..well san diego..and was wondering if you knew of a place around there...hmm i will look around..but any tips is great!!
thanks
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 07, 2007 06:44PM

Hi,

I live in San Francisco, although the places I found fresh chickpeas where in Oakland, Berkeley and Redwood City (all place in the Bay Area).

I don't get down to SoCal very often, so I'm unfortunately unable to offer any suggestions. If I hear of any, I will pass the info along.

Cheers,
Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables