Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blending
Posted by: Ksee ()
Date: April 30, 2007 07:58PM

WHat greens are blended when ppl refer to drinking their greens? How much of each is put in? Are they talking about kale, swiss chard and so on? How does it taste?

Thanks

Ksee ( One of my Irish Setter's)

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blending
Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: April 30, 2007 09:53PM

Greens can be any greens: kale, spinach, chard, collards, lambsquarters, dandelion, arugula, parsley etc. How much depends on the person and the size of the bunch, generally I'll put in an entire bunch of greens but sometimes if the bunch is too large I'll use 1/2. Some people only use a handful (say 5-6 large leaves). And then you can blend it with fruit - you use as much fruit as you need to, to make it taste good, generally I stick with one or two types of fruit. It will just taste like fruit (as long as you put enough in!). A good book for green smoothies is Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. Some recipes:
bunch of parsley and about 4 ripe mangos and water (add enough water to desired consistency)
kale, mint and pears & water
spinach and peaches & water

Personally I like to use bananas in mine sometimes like kale, banana & blueberries.
You can really just personalize them and find what works for you! I found them helpful at first but I hardly make them anymore. Good luck & Take care!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 30, 2007 10:02PM

this blog of this woman lost about 50lbs so far doing green smoothies and ive seen a bunch of recipeis she uses there

[greensmoothieexperiment.blogspot.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 01, 2007 05:44AM

hey there..i love romaine.....or khale....the whole head haha and some fruit..usually mango and a few kiwi's you cantr eally taste the greens
i did notice the other day though i used celery and i could taste the celery through all the fruit and raw cacao so i wouldn't suggest that if you don't want the taste haha!!
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: zella ()
Date: May 08, 2007 05:21AM

and remember to rotate your greens. kale one day, spinach the next and so on. I would probably not be raw if it wasn't for green smoothies and victoria boutenko showing me the way. I love that woman.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 09, 2007 03:21AM

Lately, I have been eating my breakfast this way. Here's my recipe.

Handful of spinach
2 leaves of Kale
1 Apple
2 oranges
1 banana (optional) I use it if I have it.
2 sticks of celery
water ( to make 5 cups of drink).

blend all in vitamix and enjoy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables