Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CRAVINGS!! Any suggestions?
Posted by: arie ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:49PM

Hello! I'm just about five months pregnant and having the following wonderful healthy cravings: ice cream, milkshakes, deli-meat sandwiches, HAMBURGERS, mozzerella sticks, and breaded chicken tenders. I actually grew up vegetarian, and became vegan in college, so these are pretty weird cravings for me! Does anyone mayhaps have suggestions for raw (or even not raw, but healthy) substitutes?

Arie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CRAVINGS!! Any suggestions?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:06PM

i find frozen bananas kill my ice cream craving ... try them theyre just like sweet vanilla ice cream !

i find when im craving savory things (like meat but its not the meat im craving its the garlicky savory spices ) i have something really dense like avocados or zuchinni with a bit of olive oil and garlic powder and that deals with that

theres all sorts of vegan cheese you can try smiling smiley or nuts

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 15, 2007 08:51PM

arie-
i had similar cravings, but i am also gluten-free and haven't eaten those sorts of things for so long.

salt.

frozen bananas really help. but i craved SALT.

tomatoes
every day
in sauces
salads
raw
and garlic
and cucumber

i have to admit, i ended up eating potatoes throughout my first pregnancy. i would make it three or four days, then have such a bad 'junk food' craving that i would oven roast french fries with cumin, salt and cayenne. for some reason this really met the need. i used a nice drizzle of olive oil.

then i'd go back to raw for as long as i could.
and eat another two potatoes in a few days.

it really kept me from a lot worse things.

dates.
and bananas.

oh, i did eat haagen das sorbets

ooops.

peace-

Posted by: arie ()
Date: May 19, 2007 05:45PM

Wow, frozen bananas did work for ice cream! I put them in the blender with some almond milk and cocoa nibs for chocolate ice cream cravings (^_^)

Tomato and avocado salad kind of works for the meat ones, but is not entirely satisfying. (>_<winking smiley Arg. I shall keep experimenting!! For the moment, I'm compromising with morningstar veggie buffalo wings and such.

Arie

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 19, 2007 07:45PM

may i suggest a nice blended soup wiht LOTS of tahini? i use the raw hummus recipe with a largr tomatoe and a date or two... i am expereimenting with warming now to produce that mock comfort food feeling

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: Niftethrifte ()
Date: May 23, 2007 07:55PM

Tofurky!!!

Before I became raw, my girlfriend (mostly) and I would have really random cravings for meat and good ole american hearty dinner so we would go get a Tofurky and some mashed potatoes, veggies and such and make a thanksgiving feast. It would cure it right away! Oh, and Tofurky also makes a gravy. Very good.

^My Daughter, Sage and I^

Wishing you a whole lotta love,
Niftethrifte

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 23, 2007 11:52PM

There are MANY meat substitutes (that are cooked of course)....whichever works for you. Getting meat out of the diet will go a long way to health (in my opinion). On the raw side, thick marinated mushroom caps, stuffed with sprouts / lemon juice / garlic / & sunflower seeds is a good recipe.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables