Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Best Craving Fulfillment Recipes?
Posted by: rainbowgrl ()
Date: June 12, 2007 09:03PM

What are they?

Any body know...how to stop cravings in thier tracks?
Like a recipe so green...that...so green .....

or blueberries so darn dark that....

I don't know....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Best Craving Fulfillment Recipes?
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: June 13, 2007 05:17AM

Okay, so this isn't a recipe, but I find that dulse or nori really helpsI think it's the saltiness that does it.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 14, 2007 06:45AM

IMHO, I think the only way to stop cravings is to substitute something similar in a raw version of it. If you're craving spaghetti, do raw spaghetti and raw bread, etc.

I love ethnic food. I finally figured out how to satisfy cravings for Chinese food, Indian food, etc. The key is to use raw versions of the spices on raw versions of the veggies/fruits found in the dish.

Good luck.

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: June 15, 2007 02:55AM

i have a really good one:

chop some bananas into a bowl, and drizzle tahini, honey and more ground sesame seeds over it. i add vanilla and a little cinnamon, if you mix this up it's amazing. sometimes i add cacao beans toosmiling smiley

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: June 21, 2007 07:38AM

That sounds good, bronwynsun!!! I'll have a go but with agave syrup instead though, maybe chuck in some pecans (love pecans at the moment!).

I've found being able to make drinks and puddings with cacao has helped with any cravings! Total lifesaver- avocado blended with cacao powder, agave topped with chopped nuts.

Last time I went raw, raw date nut torte was really good (and pretty easy) and helped me avoid picking up any sweeties or dreaming about cakes.

On the G Living web site, Alissa Cohen's stuff- raw calzone, fake chicken, veggieburgers in raw buns, all look like such good recipes, but unfortunately I don't have the time (or the dehydrator!) to make them.

I've always been notorious for my sweet tooth, but since going raw both times, have been fine with this. It's replacing the savoury stuff longterm that I know I'm going to have issues with! I can't eat courgetti or just big salads everyday forever! I'll go stir crazy ;-)

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: June 21, 2007 03:37PM

i guess it depends what your craving. if sweets, then fruit and dried fruit will take care of that. if salty, then olives, or a good salt on a salad etc. if fats, then nuts/seeds. if stodgy carbs then soaked buckwheat is what i turn to...

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: June 23, 2007 01:52AM

if you're trying to kill cravings completely and aren't interested in raw substitites for SAD favorites..try juicing bunches of dandelion leaves and drink it straight. keep juicing till your liver stabilizes and you experience fewer of those pesky food cravings that are causing your current grief. smiling smiley

i breathe in
i breathe out
peace
namaste
blesings
Bikini

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 24, 2007 02:49AM

The other day I really had to have something sweet, so I mixed some dates, raisins, coconut and very finely chopped walnuts (I chopped them in the blender). Turned out pretty good and did satisfy my craving for sweets.

:-)

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: June 24, 2007 11:38PM

dates
coconut
cacao

maybe some nuts, though i've quit on those

any combination or single food item above really cuts all cravings for me.

avocadoes and tomatoes together take away my need for salty gooey crap.

bronwyn always has yummy ones, and bananas, esp frozen, or with a sweet/nutty combo seems to work wonders.

peace-

Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: June 25, 2007 01:35AM

Bikini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> try juicing bunches of dandelion leaves
> and drink it straight. keep juicing till your
> liver stabilizes and you experience fewer of
> those pesky food cravings

Are you implying a congested liver is responsible for cravings?

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables