Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pH
Posted by: alphadee00 ()
Date: July 19, 2007 06:33PM

Hi All

I'm new to the list ...

Must share my relief at having at last "got the chemistry right". It's taken about four years of regular urine testing with pH strips to find out what keeps the blood chemistry in the right range. I have at last worked out what my body needs to keep it alkaline, and when and how.

Yesterday I was in class and got a bit overwhelmed by a new subject, went out and pigged out on jam doughnuts. Today the pH is acid, acid, acid, and the specific gravity is dense! I can feel it in my body too - muscles and joints don't move as freely, slightly headachy, and feel reclusive.

Now for the adjustment back to a healthy range!

How are all of you doing?

Dee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pH
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:07AM

do tell about the ph test. I was at my dads last weekend and he had these ph test strips so I pee'd on one it did'nt change color so I took another one and put it in my mouth that one changed color. I don't understand the test strip thing at all.

Date: July 20, 2007 07:22AM

Hi pampam

Thanks for the post.

pH: measure of how acid or alkaline a substance is
pH scale: measurement for acidity or alkalinity

Our bodies produce acid as a by-product of normal metabolism.

Bodies burn alkaline to remain alive and since our bodies to not manufacture alkaline we have to get it from outside, otherwise we become acid and die or become diseased.

Foods replace the alkaline.

Foods are either acid or alkaline.

Or, you can refer to the ash value of food (the type of residue that remains after the food is digested and processed). If there is an acid residue the body must neutralise this acid to keep the blood normal. In an alkaline diet this is easy for the body. In an acid diet the body has to draw the alkaline from the body's reserves. For example, sugar (a biocidal substance that acidifies the body) leaches calcium out of the bones.

Find out how your own body works by testing your urine with pH strips. I bought mine from www.rawfood.com and followed the instructions. (I also use the Boehringer Manneheim Multistix but get those from the hospital where I work so they might not be available to others).

It takes a while of testing, recording, figuring it out, to find out exactly how YOUR body chemistry works. You might be in for some big surprises. And loads of joy, energy, wellbeing, and triumph as your body lifts itself from a state of acidity to the tranquil power of sustained alkalinity.

Please let me know how you get on. I would really like to know.

Dee

Date: July 20, 2007 08:01AM

Hi pampam

I just checked my Nature's First Law (www.rawfood.com) catalogue (October 2006) about the pH testing paper. It's under 21st Century Kitchen Appliances and Other Miscellaneous Products, cost $9.00.

It comes in a neat dispenser, with instructions.

Hope this is of interest :-)

Dee

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 20, 2007 10:08PM

you guys are great. I was thinking of useing one of those test strips from my pool lol. I have read about the alkeline vs acid in our body but I still don't know much yet. I have read that watermellon really helps but right now I have discovered veg krout and kim chee. I must need the sour stuff and hot and spicy because I can't get enough of it right now. What a weird diet I have munching on raw saurkrout. My family now plugs their nose when passing me.
Hay, alpha whats with the jelly doughnuts? Are you out for revenge on your body? lol. Thanks alot on the information. I can't wait till I get those strips and start monitering the ph now.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 21, 2007 05:24PM

I've been having trouble with my PH for like a year now. I can't get it above "moderate" except shortly after drinking lemon juice or something highly alkaline. I think my problem is the lack of "good flora" from all my fasting. I have to try probiotics or kefir.

Hey pampam, check out these sites for more info on ph. They explain it pretty easily.
[www.regaininghealthnaturally.com]
[www.a-better-way.com]
[www.healingdaily.com]
[www.askmoreless.com]

Basically what it comes down to is:
Raw=Good
SAD=Bad
LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2007 05:27PM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 21, 2007 09:41PM

Hey Alpha let us know how long before your PH is up again. I'm curious how long it takes for someone whose diet is much likely better than mine. lol. I've binged on junk and probably will again someday.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2007 04:35PM

What foods are best to keep body alkaline???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables