Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ideas for beginner, who can't refrigerate
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2007 03:53AM

Hello, I am new to raw foods. And am definitely still in the transition phase - I do good some days and others not as well. I am basically gone every week day for lunch and dinner. I can't refrigerate and don't have room for a cooler - I carry enough on public transit...
Any suggestions on portable meals??? I still allow myself to eat whole grain bread...I'm guessing I'll transition once I become more comfortable. But a lot of the recipes I find have to be refrigerated....
Any ideas would be great! The simpler - the better!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ideas for beginner, who can't refrigerate
Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: July 31, 2007 08:09PM

You don't have to refridgerate any whole food for a day. Bring...

1) Lots of fruits (both fresh and dried) like bananas, grapes, raisins, etc.

2) A bag of nuts, raw almond butter (good for dipping apple slices into) that you salt yourself if you need it, or premade raw crackers (which can replace the bread if you want it to).

3) Sliced vegetables like jicima, celery, raddish, etc. Or process a lot of vegetables together to make them into tiny pieces, like beets, onion, celery, squash, etc. Blender some soaked nuts (any kind) with a little water, some sea salt and maybe some lemon juice, herbs/spices. Mix that sauce with the vegetables to make it stick together. Then you can roll the mixture up into some lettuce leaves or nori while you're on the go, or spread it on your raw crackers. smiling smiley

Betty

PS For more ideas of quick, easy recipes, look at "burned out on raw" from sewraw.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables