Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need Help With Corn Chips
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 05, 2007 07:07PM

Does anyone have a good corn chip / tortilla recipe? I can't seem to get the texture or taste right or even comparable to regular tortilla chips. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need Help With Corn Chips
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 05, 2007 07:28PM

There is a wonderful $10 book [www.rawfoodinfo.com]
with a great raw corn chip recipe in it. It also has a lot of good cracker recipes.

Date: August 06, 2007 12:51PM

I can't really afford another cook book right now...just wondering if anyone had a recipe they were willing to share. I have several...none of which I like.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 06, 2007 02:50PM

Cynthia's Corn Chips

about 4-5 c gold flax meal, about 3 c organic corn, cilantro, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, a little zucchini- (for some reason this make it more crispy!) salt, olive oil, dash syrup or agave, cumin, and chili powder....Blend in FP until smooth adding water little by little...try to get very smooth. If needed you can add a little flax meal... if not smooth add more water. Should not be so thick and bumpy..
Oil your sheets well and then spread on a huge square. Get a bowl of water and wet hands many times over and over....smooth the mixture out as thin and smooth as you can get it...It will take practice and your hands have to be super wet.
The thinner they are the crispier they are... dehydrate about 15-24 hours on 105-115. Flip half way and when soft but pliable you can cut thin squares and then put back in dehydrator and lie 2 mesh sheets on top to keep chips flat as they ten to curl upward.
When super crisp--keep dehydrating till super crisp. When done put in airtight container so they wont get stale...

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 06, 2007 08:47PM

thanks Jodi...I'll try it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables