Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm an ice cream addict.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2007 02:36AM

Please, does anyone have a recipe for vanilla ice cream from the Vice Cream Book?
I've heard that this taste really rich and good.
Please help me if you can.
Thanks
Shirley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm an ice cream addict.
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:26AM

sorry annlee
i don't have the recipe but WHAT a COOL name "VICE cream?"

neat

hope u find your vanilla recipe soon
someone help her out!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 24, 2007 06:17PM

i toss some dried vanilla pods into my ol' coffee grinder (dont drink coffee anymore so ... lol) and then blend this into bananas and freeze the mush into little containers

seriously tastes like vanilla icecream smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: skinnyhippie ()
Date: September 01, 2007 04:05AM

Aaugh!! I was hoping there was a cure for this smiling smiley I think my addiciton to ice cream is more mental than physical though so, hopefully, as I replace ice cream with fruit, I won't want it anymore.

Posted by: Baby ()
Date: September 01, 2007 09:19PM

The kind of ice cream that I make sometimes, contains only bananas, but I'm sure you could add vanilla and it would be pretty good. All I do is peel 2-4 ripe bananas, put them in a ziplock bag, and freeze them for a day or so. Then you take them out, let them thaw for maybe 10 min (give or take), cut up in smallish chuncks, and place them in a food processor. Process until the whole thing turns white and creamy. It's very very good.

Date: September 02, 2007 05:42PM

Go to rawfoodrightnow.blogspot.com and you can sign up for a free mini course for raw ice cream. You an also see a video on freshtopia.com

Date: September 04, 2007 02:55PM

Hi Pegsie,
Thank you so much.
I would love to make a big bowl of ice cream here at home, one that really tastes rich and creamy.
I went to the web site and i signed up, i will go to the other one today.
Thanks again for the help.
Shirley

Posted by: frances ()
Date: September 04, 2007 03:16PM

I have a cheap juicer myself, but one time at my local farmers market a couple was feeding frozen bananas through a Champion juicer with the blank in place. It came out into little paper bowls looking like perfect swirly soft-serve ice cream. Topped with some fresh berries it was a sundae that couldn't be beat! I only saw them that once, and have wished that they would make it a regular thing.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 06, 2007 10:55PM

From another vanilla ice cream thread:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: frumpy18 ()
Date: September 20, 2007 01:02AM

i recently went to a raw cooking demo and tasted frozen banana custard dessert - de-lish! she used champion juicer with blank screen and fed several frozen banana halves through and viola! soft serve ice cream! she served it in a dish lined with ground nuts and topped with fresh sliced strawberries. i bought a used champion juicer on ebay the next day and LOVE my banana custard! hope you like it too!
kelly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables