Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HELP! The PERFECT smoothie recipe.
Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: August 29, 2007 02:40PM

I am getting back into raw after about 6 months. I am trying to start out drinking smoothies when I'm hungry to give me energy and fill me up. I was wondering if anyone had some SIMPLE recipes that don't involve a lot of ingredients that I would be able to get all the vitamins and nutrients I need? I have some recipes but they have WAY too many ingredients. I appreciate your help. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP! The PERFECT smoothie recipe.
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: August 30, 2007 05:20AM

Just blend any type of fresh, ripe fruit with your choice of greens - about 1 part greens to 3 parts fruit to begin with - and some hemp protein powder or hemp seeds, plus water as desired. Spirulina if you like. Simple, tasty, healthy! Some ideas: banana/peach/kale; banana/strawberry/spinach; mango/parsley; pear/mint/kale; orange/pineapple/banana/cilantro...the possibilities are endless! Also, read "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko.

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: September 12, 2007 04:42PM

this smoothie doesnt supply you with all the vitamins and minerals you need, but its definatly simple and whiel you're drinking it, you can really appreciate the flavors. it's delish!
mango, goji berries, and ginger. SO refreshing!
you can juice the ginger if you dont have a good blender to get the strings out.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2008 07:38PM

My favorite smoothy is fresh pineapple/blueberry/orange/cherry with a spoon of raw honey.Yummy!
smiling smiley

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 29, 2008 08:56PM

simple great ones:

spinach banana (with or without OJ)

sprouts banana cantalope

watermelon mint (with a little bit of ice)

mango kale (with or without OJ)

coconut (water and meat) banana pineapple

strawberry orange banana parsley

apple banana cilantro

i usually just empty out the fridge with mine. anything that looks perfectly ripe or a little past is a candidate! i often add fresh turmeric, fresh parsley, fresh ginger, apples, grapes, fresh squeezed oj...

Posted by: sweetpea ()
Date: April 26, 2008 10:48AM

Just now I love to blend

1 handful strawberries
2 bananas
2 handfuls spinach
2 tsp cacao
pinch sea salt

Delicious and if you add a teaspoon of coconut oil it makes it creamier.

[www.rawlifestyle.co.uk]
Recipes, ebooks, diary

Posted by: alwaysbelieve1 ()
Date: May 25, 2008 07:48PM

Super Breakfast Smoothie:
1. 1.5-2 cups of water(do not add juice due to the sugar or milk due to the calories)
2. 1 tblspn of Barlean’s or Udo’s Choice Flaxseed Oil(sold at Whole Foods or Sprout’s)
3. 1/2 stalk of Kale or Chard
4. A very, very small handful of Baby Spinach
5. 1/4 of a Grapefruit or Orange(due to the sugars be sure to not put more than advised, but this makes the shake taste great!)
6. 1 serving of Udo’s Choice: Wholesome Fast Food (powder with a whole lot of organic greens, enzymes, phytonutrients, and more)

Blend very, very well for about 1 minute to make everything into fine pieces. This drink will keep your blood sugar low in the morning which in turn keeps insulin levels low. When insulin is high- like right after eating sugary or high glycemic index carbs- you store fat.

Hard Work Always Equals Results.

[www.arizonakettlebelltraining.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables