Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Lasagna Recipes?
Posted by: ezrac3isb ()
Date: September 11, 2007 03:22AM

Does anyone have a good raw/vegan lasagna recipe that they have tried and would recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Lasagna Recipes?
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: September 11, 2007 01:47PM

I just made one for the first time for a potluck last Sunday! I kinda used a recipe, kinda didn't, but it was AMAZING! I made tomato sauce from the Boutenko's "Eating Without Heating" and a sunflower seed "cheese" of my own creation (2 C sun seeds, juice of a lemon, 1 tsp. salt, 1 clove garlic, a ton of fresh basil and oregano, and water as needed; soak seeds, drain, and blend with everything except the herbs, which you chop and stir in after). I layered these with spinach thin slices of zucchini (sliced down the length of the zucchini). I think it'd be better next time to drain it on cheesecloth overnight though because it got watery quite quickly. Still yummy though! It seems daunting, but it was super easy and didn't take that long.

I know that Ani Phyo's book has a recipe for lasagna, as do RAWvolution and Raw Food Real World. Most raw food books have one, but these I know for sure do.

Re: Raw Lasagna Recipes?
Date: October 09, 2007 06:26PM

LASAGNA*

1 large Zucchini
1 red bell pepper
a bag of fresh spinach (or more if you like)
1 tsp Nama Shoyu
1 medium box of mushrooms

Slice the zucchini thin and flat lengthwise, like lasagna noodles. Dice the red bell pepper put aside. Take the the whole bag of fresh spinach and mix it with 1 tsp of soy sauce, chop up in a processor and then drain & squeeze out all the moisture from the spinach and set aside. Mushroom need to be diced and then strain & squeeze out any moisture, set aside.

In a Long glassware bowl, zucchini lay flat on bottom, top with 1/2 the sauce (recipe below)and spread evenly, blot 1/2 the cheese (recipe below) on top and spread out with fingers (wetting fingers will make it easier to spread without it sticking to your fingers). The cheese doesn't have to cover the whole sauce. Top with 1/2 the spinach, then 1/2 the red bell pepper, then 1/2 the mushrooms and repeat with remaining ingredients.

CHEESE*

2 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
1/2 cup water
1 - 2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (or oregano)

First soak the nuts in water for 2 hours, then drain and rinse nuts. Mix all in processor and it should be smooth and creamy. Check with your fingers that there is no hard nuts.

MARINARA SAUCE*

2 cups (or 3 oz) sun dried tomatoes
1 medium tomato
1/8 onion
2 garlic cloves
5 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp salt*
1 tsp oregano
2 dates (or 2 tbs raw honey)

Take the pits out of the dates and throw them away, process all together and if you want a thicker sauce, drain some moisture out.

*I used all organic ingredients
*I used Celtic sea salt

you can dehydrate it for an hour or more if you'd like. I brought this to a birthday party and it was gone in 30 minutes and most everyone asked for the recipe.

I give the credit to Elaina Love on www.rawfoodmedia.com

ENJOY!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables