Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw thin taco shells?
Posted by: newbie ()
Date: April 23, 2006 02:34AM

Any ideas for raw food taco shells that look like real taco shells? Thin and light colored. Doesnt' have to be hard. A little crisp would be nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw thin taco shells?
Posted by: rosie ()
Date: May 20, 2006 03:45AM

the cheese/mustard receipt i use would work great with a little tweeking

3 cups corn
4 Tbl ground flax
1/2 fresh herb (I use parsely, but try basil)
2 cloves garlic
1 inch or so ginger
add jalepenoes for a kick:}
enough juice to move the ingredients (for cheese I use orange, but try water or even coconut water)

blend it up!! and dehydrate 95-100 degrees F in rounds or flats, flip after 2 hours (when the top is firm to the touch) continue dehydrating for another hour...2. remove at your desired solidity!! YUMMY!!!

and while your at it!! dehydrate some sliced jalepenoes, dip them in the sauce and dehydrate again for raw poppers!!! mi jeffe flipped about how great they were!!

yummy
enjoy your health
Rosie

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 09, 2007 04:31PM

Taco Shells
2 cups golden flax seeds (ground very fine)
1 cup brown flax seeds (ground very fine)
1 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
2 tbs. minced sweet onion
3 tsp. minced garlic (with the skin)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cayenne powder
1 tsp. cumin powder
2 tbs. poppy seeds
Celtic sea salt to taste.

How to: Mix everything in a food processor, and process till smooth, add water to make it more like a batter. Once smooth, refrigerate this mixture for 8-12 hrs. Now, using a spatula spread a thin layer of the taco batter on Teflex sheets. Dehydrate at 105°F for 3-5 hours. Remove the taco sheets and using a round cookie cutter or a lid cut out rounds. Now place the rounds on the Teflex sheets and dehydrate them for 2 hours at the same temperature. After two hours pick the taco shells up and fold them onto each other making a taco shell and return them back in the dehydrator, placing them on dehydrator shelves for another 10-12 hours or until crisp

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 09, 2007 05:02PM

thank u for these good recipes-i am new to this and trying stuff. i made wheat sprout bread-and hope it is doing ok.it was a tiny bit gooey after i ground the sprouted wheat berries-so all of this is new.but thanks for the good recipes.taylor

Posted by: na(raw)dia ()
Date: January 12, 2007 06:27AM

thank you much!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 15, 2007 01:25AM

trinity

that pic of taco looks yumms!

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: February 01, 2007 04:46AM

Its hard to find something to mold the shape of the shells until they are hard. I have tried making flat ones but they are not the same.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables