Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pomegranates
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: May 02, 2006 05:23PM

What's the best method for getting a pomegranate to give up its juice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pomegranates
Posted by: deeds ()
Date: May 02, 2006 09:10PM

chew thoroughly

Date: May 03, 2006 04:59AM

That would work, but alas, I don't think the dinner guests would be impressed with how the pomegranate juice ended up in their glasses. And I think it may be a little time consuming as well.

Date: May 04, 2006 12:49PM

hey klandestine

why don't you try posting in the juice forum?

there's a lot of juice experts hanging about there

there's bound to be a pomegranate expert there

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 11, 2006 08:08AM

Being silly, you could just buy grenadine syrup/juice.

For raw, though, you might have to put up with the seeds if you juice the pomegranite. It's likely though that the seeds will stain your juicer.

I like deeds's answer winking smiley

Also, you could crush the seeds through a strainer or cheese cloth for a slower, less seedy juice.

Hope that helps.
Therese

Date: May 12, 2006 08:38PM

grenadine...

tee hee smiling smiley

Posted by: shawnasong ()
Date: December 19, 2006 12:52AM

Not an answer to your query, but a simple and oh so yummy idea...
I eat pomegranates atop chunks of pineapple. Absolutely wonderful pairing of flavors.

Date: December 19, 2006 04:39PM

Pineapple isn't my friend anymore. It makes my tongue raw and that's a real shame as I love it. Sounds yummy though.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 20, 2006 02:02AM

I am the expert for pomegranates. I use the champion juicer and then freeze the juice. I also use stevia to sweeten it.

Posted by: ljbn ()
Date: December 20, 2006 11:09PM

Maybe this is too simple --- but the last time I did it.... I used the old fashioned orange/citrus reamer style juicer.... you know you cut the pomegranate in half and act like it's a grapefruit or something and twist it around - unless yours is electric and you just wait for the motor thingy to spin...

Worked great and BTW use the same reamer for 3 organic tangerines and mix with the juice from 1/2 that pomegranate and you have a drink worthy of your special wine glasses!

Lesa

(I took this to juice to the last raw-food pot luck I attended and it was gone reallllly quickly)

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: December 22, 2006 05:55AM

Hello, while looking through the Sunfood Cuisine, by Frederic Patenaude I came across this on pomegrantes. To open a pomegrante, cut the crown off, and soak the whole fruit under water for about 15 to 30 minutes. Break the pomegranate open under water and the seeds will fall to the bottom as the pulp floats to the top. To juice the seeds, simply mix them in a blender, then strain the juice to remove the seed casings. Whole pomegrantes, or just their seeds, may be refrigerated or frozen. The juice lasts for five days under refrigeration, or six months when frozen, and can be used to make ice cubes.Hope this helps!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables