Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coconut Butter
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 05, 2006 04:19PM

I have a jar of coconut butter but I don't know what to do with it. Can anyone give me some suggestions or recipes for using it?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coconut Butter
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: May 17, 2006 07:14PM

Is coconut butter the same thing as "coconut oil"?

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 17, 2006 07:35PM

Yes, it's the exact same thing. If you do a search on Bruce Fife, you'll find the ultimate book with everything you've ever wanted to know about coconut oil.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: May 19, 2006 05:41PM

Coconut butter works amazingly as a skin moisturizer/revitalizer, and it can also be used as an impressive shaving "cream." In food, it is really useful when a creamy, lush consistency is required. The book, _Raw_Food_Real_World:__100_Recipes_to_get_the_Glow_ (Matthew Kenney & Melngailis), has many recipes using coconut butter.

By-the-bye, _Raw_Food_Real_World_ is an excellent book of gourmet-style/restaurant-class recipes, however, IMO, alot of the dishes are a bit too complicated and time-intensive for most busy people; there are many, many coconut and dehydrator combos. I use the recipes when I am entertaining or trying-to-impress.

Date: May 26, 2006 03:37AM

I add coconut butter to fruit smoothies and it gives a nice flavor, especially with pineapple.

Date: May 27, 2006 01:55AM

I use coconut oil external all over my body. it seems to do wonders for my skin. It is also a great natural lubricant for women during sex.

I use it for the cooked foods I make for my kids in place of other types of oil. I also use it some blended raw foods.

trrish

Date: July 14, 2006 05:28PM

If you do bread.. it will be completely amazing on that. Or with some sweet pita chips as a dip, like the Brown Sugar kind @ whole foods... ummmm.. If you like the taste of it mix and match it with other foods you like and you will probably be going to the store for more before ya know it!

S

Date: July 14, 2006 05:30PM

o... ex out the pita chips... their baked... sorry about that. I'm only 2/3 raw, I have pita chips or sunchips to accompany my raw lunches and dinners.

Hope I didn't offend :-). New to this!

S

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: July 28, 2006 05:48PM

Antony,

You didn't offend anyone here. Many folks that come here are in various stages of rawness. Take it slow. Try some coconut butter on your pita chips.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables