Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kimchi
Posted by: wrenbrrd ()
Date: November 27, 2007 09:50PM

I've searched the internet & keep coming up with recipes that have sugar added. But whenever I buy kimchi packaged at the store, it doesn't have sugar. So my question is... is sugar added to homemade recipes because the proper kimchi-ware (earthenware pots or stainless steel, air-tight containers) are lacked? Or is this just a coincidence? I really want to make my own kimchi, but I don't want to eat sugar, nor do I have fancy containers to ferment it in. If anyone has a great kimchi recipe (esp one with lots of different veggies included), please post it here! Thanks!

-Wren

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kimchi
Posted by: frances ()
Date: November 27, 2007 10:07PM

I have made kimchi at home using a recipe I found in Wild Fermentation. That recipe doesn't call for any processed ingredients, including sugar. It calls for cabbage, other veggies of choice, salt water, garlic, ginger, hot pepper. I use an earthenware crock that I bought at my local hardware store, but I guess large canning jars work well too.

Re: kimchi
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 01, 2007 06:07PM

use bok choy
ditch the sugar
i don't recall sugar being in kim chi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables