Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Building Muscle Mass
Posted by: rosie ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:10PM

a guy friend of mine has decided to eat more rawly!! yeah!!
but is wondering about muscle mass.

right now, he is eatting lots of avocadoes/coconut
and a healthy amount of nuts/seeds
lots and lots of veggies & fruits

what do other veggies do about muscle mass?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Building Muscle Mass
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 24, 2006 03:41PM

I use maca powder and raw hemp seed, which is natures most perfect protein. I exercise regularly through cycling, rebounding, and use kettlebells and clubbells for conditioning.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 08, 2006 04:33PM

Aloha! I have been a "gym rat" for as long as I remember.... although I have always been strict on my diet(competition), it has been a high animal protien diet.

I (finally)am on my 3 day of just eating (all organic) fruits, tons of vegies, sunflower seeds, avocado, and some garbonzo beans I had on my shelf.
I am wondering about Maca and where I can purchase a trustworthy source. I tried Hemp before and found that Hemp was to draining physically for me, but maybe I used too much all at once? What about non-gmo lecithin powder? What is the best powder to mix in my fruit smoothies. I am totally giving Whey a break from many many years.....I wasn't using the organic kind and I think I am toxic!

Anyone who is in to lifting weights and a vegie I would love to hear your strategies......

happyjewls!

Date: June 10, 2006 12:55AM

happyjewls,

You can purchase your maca from either [rawganique.com] or [www.macamagic.com]. Rawganique's maca is very good and it's cheaper than maca magic but both are good.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: jdc5390 ()
Date: June 11, 2006 03:15AM

eat raw meat, perfect enzymes
great protein and it detox awesome!

If not raw eggs are more easily accoustemd

Date: June 11, 2006 03:30AM

RAW MEAT IS NOT HEALTHY. It is LOADED with parasites!

Raw organic egg YOLKS are okay. The whites contain some of the strongest enzyme inhibitors ever to be found in a food. And unorganic eggs will potentially make you sick.

Silica rich foods help build bone mass. Radishes, Nettle/horsetail tea, garlic, wild grasses, and a couple other things. Spirulina is good. Maca is also great. Hemp nuts are probably pretty good too. Have you ever seen "Thors Raw Power protein powder" designed to help with this kind of thing? It's sold on rawfood.com

High nuts is not necesarily good. Their acidic and cause bones to lose mass so they can balance it with alkanine minerals. High greens with nuts is good, and lots of minerals. Green superfoods are great. More vegetables than fruit is also good. Vegetable=builders and fruit=cleansers. I imagine coconut and avocado and olives are an exception to this.

Bee pollen is also a bodybuilding supplement. Many raw foodist take it for nutritional purposes too. It's 25% lechitin. Egg yolks are also natural lechitin.

Date: June 11, 2006 04:34AM

Folks,

This is a vegan site. No animal products at all. So, with respect to others, please do not discuss animal flesh, eggs, or pollen as animals are all harmed, or subjected to some form of slavery to acquire them.

Peace,

Marcos

Date: June 11, 2006 02:45PM

blend raw brocoli stems.. not the flowers.. and put kale and collards in it.. put apple to sweeten it..
see rawfoodAdvantage.com for some recipees.

Date: June 15, 2006 04:05PM

Thors powder is a joke. Just look at the size of that guy. If he was following Matt Furey [www.mattfurey.com] then he'd actually be a model example of a raw foodist with a body to prove it. Of course, he stuffs himself with fatty stuff, weights over 300 lbs and is not someone I'd ever want to take advice from.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: veganman ()
Date: June 26, 2006 02:33AM

Has anyone tried the gelatinized maca? It apparently absorbs better, but I don't think it is raw.

Date: June 26, 2006 06:09PM

it's not raw. This is exactly why I won't use it.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: juicegirl ()
Date: June 30, 2006 07:12PM

Hello All, I am new to a raw diet. I am doing the Master Cleanser right now, I am on day 5 and plan to go as raw as possible when I am done. I am aiming for 14 days. I have been hearing a lot about maca but am unsure the source and the nutritional makeup of this product? Could anyone out there please help? Thanks

Date: July 03, 2006 02:13PM

I have been on raw food for about 6 months now but I am not much into the super food thing. My philosophy is that the local food at the nearest groceries or health stores are good enough. What is more important is the nutrient absorpotion by the body as most food have all the nutrients we need. Work on getting your desgestive system perform at maximum effeciency.
If your are new to raw food, read Victoria Boutenko and get into the green smoothies. [www.amazon.com]
If you want maca, check this [www.rawfood.com]

Date: July 03, 2006 03:21PM

djatchi,

I would rather die than buy my maca from rawfood.com. Personally, I will buy my maca from [www.rawganique.com] or [www.macamagic.com] over rawfood.com any day of the year. Besides, their prices and shipping are cheaper. Yes, I'm right. They are a whole lot better. For the price I get over 2lbs of maca for the same price as what rawfood.com is offering.

[rawganique.com]

Peace,

Marcos

Date: January 15, 2007 07:06AM

just remember if you have muscles from meat/eggs, and all that toxic stuff, and go raw, you will loose weight first, then rebuild w/ raw foods.
not sure if ezequiel bread (sp?) is cheating, but thats what I eat for a complete protein

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables