Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to make raw bread in a dehydrator?
Posted by: mira ()
Date: February 01, 2008 11:50PM

I want to buy one, but ive been wondering...

how can you make bread in that?? the space between the trays is so small!!?? i cant figure out how i can make raw breads, unless i make them flat!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to make raw bread in a dehydrator?
Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:46PM

Anything that you make in a dehydrator probably will well be under an inch thick. You won't get "loaves" of bread made raw, and what you will get will be very different in texture and flavor from the cooked breads you're used to.

Raw breads can be make of all kinds of different things. You can sprout wheat for two or three days, process the sprouted wheat into a mash and dry it in sheets. "The Raw Transformation" cookbook by Wendy Rudell has a raw bread recipe I have not yet tried where the vegetable pulp left over from making veggie juice is fermented to create some "rise" and then dried into flat bread. Various nuts and seeds are also popular for making crackers, chips and crusts.

When soft, these flat breads can hold all kinds of sandwiches. When made thinner and allowed to dry more completely, they can be used as chips to scoop up salsa, guacamole and other delectables.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables