Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Energy Soup
Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: May 23, 2006 04:18AM

Fill half a blender with Rejuvelac
Add four handfulls of sprouts: broccoli, sunflower, alfalfa, and buckwheat
1/2 avocado
1 T of each seaweed: wakame, dulse, hizichi (sp?), kelp and spirulina
1 garlic clove
1 apple, cored and diced (with or with out skin)
parsley
Stuff the rest of the blender with kale, rainbow chard, spinich, romaine, collards...whatever you got and lots of it!

There's a reason they call it energy soup! B/C this soup will give you wings!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Energy Soup
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 26, 2006 03:28AM

Does it taste good or do you have to make yourself eat it?

Date: May 26, 2006 04:21AM

HaHa! Good question....I personally like the taste of greens...and the rejuvelac has a lemony flavor to it. If you're questioning the taste I would maybe omit the seaweed. smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2006 11:35PM

I tried the energy soup without any seaweed. I was very hungry and it tasted okay. I was making flaxseed crackers so I spread some soup over the seeds before I turned the drier on. This morning I couldn't stop eating the crackers until they were all gone! They were so delicious.

Date: May 30, 2006 07:15AM

Yeah, I don't make the soup because it tastes good...I eat it purely for the incredable boost it gives me...hence the name.

Date: June 13, 2006 03:22AM

There are a lot of different recipes for energy soup, but all of them have at least one thing in common: greens!!

I love arugula with apple, pear and avocado (plus water) mixed in a blender. I don't add the avocado until all the rest is well blended (just coz I don't think it's good to homogenize fats)

Date: June 15, 2006 03:00AM

It is three weeks since I asked about energy soup. I was just putting my foot in the water you might say as far as eating raw. I had started eating fruit smoothies and salads and was toying with the whole idea of eating raw food. Well, since then I have learned to make rejuvelac and have started making energy soup and am amazed with the change I have already felt in my body. My nerves have settled a lot, I am brighter, and my sleep is better. I am not craving crackers anymore either!

Date: June 16, 2006 05:23AM

Hooray! That's awesome news!!

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: June 17, 2006 12:28PM

I should drink more energy soup. I can drink green juice without adding any flavour, but for soup, it is difficult to me.
I wish i find one type of energy soup that i can drink everyday.

Date: June 17, 2006 05:48PM

Rejuvelac was popularized at the hippocrate institue but later they realised that half of batchs were bad. It is not a safe drink

Date: June 18, 2006 05:21AM

Really? Why's that?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 23, 2006 12:50PM

who cares what anything tastes like

glug glug glug

i'll eat it anyhow
if i know my lil cells will be joyfully clapping

Date: June 24, 2006 06:52PM

Today my energy drink is

dandelion, kale, pear, apple juice, wild blueberries, a little water and cayenne powder blended at high speed, then added 1/2 large avocado blended at slowest speed (coz not good to over-process fats). Oh, and I added 1/2 tsp. bluegreen algae crystals. It is SOOOOOOOOOO delish.

This is the LIFE...!

Posted by: ShineON ()
Date: August 02, 2006 11:49PM

Hippocrates stopped using rejuvelac because they couldn't tell if it was fermented too much. However I make my rejuvelac and usually drink it right after it's done, so I don't let it sit and ferment too much, therefore I don't run into the same problem. So I still drink it and love it. I think at a large institute they were probably making large quantities to accomodate guests and would have containers of it sitting in the fridge and not being used directly after it was made. I may be wrong, but that seems logical.

Peace,
Jeff

Date: September 12, 2006 10:42PM

What is rejuvelac?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 09, 2006 02:04AM

I do not like seaweed in soup. You can make it without too.

Posted by: carolg ()
Date: October 22, 2006 01:06PM

Jen,
Love your sense of humor. Keep it rolling in. I have to try the energy soup not for the energy as I have plenty but for the other effects it does to my body. I am trying to figure out how to get wheatgrass down next. Don't respond here for wheatgrass as we may miss blessing others. Another link may help. Maybe I need to start it now. Thanks for sharing.
carolg

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 22, 2006 07:02PM

remember what the campbell's commercial says?

SOUP IS GOOD FOOD!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables