Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question about cooking fish in lemon juice...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2008 07:45PM

Is it still considered a raw food when fish is "cooked" in lemon juice? does it mess with the enzymes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about cooking fish in lemon juice...
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 18, 2008 08:12PM

Please keep in mind that this a vegan board that does not advocate the use of animal products. If you think it is a good food, I certainly urge you to eat more of it....and to pursue boards that DO support your lifestyle. As to the lemon juice? My opinion is that it won't significantly harm the enzymatic activity going on in fresh fish.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 18, 2008 11:05PM

My apologies. I didn't realize this forum was only vegan. All questions or comments i make on these forms her will pertain strictly to plant matter from now on smiling smiley thats for your help & have a nice day David.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:16AM

hi octoquatic

welcome to this board!!

from the looks of your name, it seems like you are a lover of sea life ( and probably sea food too LOL smiling smiley

at any rate, i think there are some raw vegan ceviche recipes somewhere ( maybe on this board in the RECIPE section or elsewhere...)

hope u don't feel too put off, but its true what david says and i guess u don't need me to say it twice ( so i won't)

but just wanted to welcome u to this board anyhow

even though we aren't fish eaters, we do get a kick out of having new members come on aboard

i hope you get a chance to check out all the other forums here

especially the recipe section as well as the sections that were already here that lists hundreds of recipes

going back to the sea food topic.... some vegan sea food u may also want to look into is the various and colorfully tasty seaweed salads..

i think that there have been some great recipes and photos posted here

i know for sure i saw a vegan ceviche recipe somewhere

if someone else knows... tell octoquatic about it and give this person a warm welcome smiling smiley

p.s. i don't mean for u to just immediately embrace raw veganism by talking about ceviche.. its just that a lot of people that come here seem to want to explore foods that are raw vegan that remind them of their favorites

if this is not the case, just ignore this post

but u are welcome here anyways

Date: February 21, 2008 02:34AM

thanks la_veronique smiling smiley Iv already had the pleasure of browsing through some of the recipes(and forums) on this site and look forward to trying them out. I'm new to eating raw/living foods. This site has proven to be a wonderful resource so far.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 22, 2008 07:51AM

awright!

one of my favorite threads ( i call it color therapy ) is PICTURES OF YOUR FOOD

since that seems to be one of the few threads that have visuals to the rawfoods and you are new

maybe you could check out that thread (just do a search on it.. its on this main forum) and u can get some MORE ideas

smiling smiley

have a rawesome adventure!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables