Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Super Yummy Strawberry Shortcake
Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: February 26, 2008 06:29PM

I just tried this shortcake today and it was so good. So I am putting the recipe here so you guys can also try it. It is easy and has basic ingredients which is why I tried it.

Appliances:
Mixer
Food processer

Ingredients:
20-30 fresh strawberries
3 handful of nuts (any, what ever you have in the house)
1 handful of dates
honey
sea salt
olive oil (cold expelled preferred)

Put nuts into mixer and a dash a sea salt. Grind into a powder. Pit the dates and into the food processor until mushy. Add the ground nuts and process a bit. Add a spoonful of honey and process until soft and doughy. Put this into a bowl. Take a handful of strawberries (green top cut off) and put into the processor until chunky. Take the rest of the strawberries and put into the mixer with a spoonful of honey. Add a dash of olive oil, dash of salt and blend until creamy. Add processed berries but do not blend together. Pour the mixture over the nut mixture and mix a little. You're all done. Enjoy! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Super Yummy Strawberry Shortcake
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: February 27, 2008 01:45AM

Sounds awesome (and simple). Something I could definitely take to gatherings of "non-raw."

Thanks for sharing.

Patty

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2008 09:16AM

for anyone who wants to see this recipe demonstrated you can watch it on youtube. It's a recipe by Storm from the raw family website. It looks soooo good!

Date: February 27, 2008 12:51PM

That is the sight I got the recipe from. I saw it an new I had to make it. I also thought I could bring this to a non-raw function. Let me know how you liked it.

Posted by: lovekk ()
Date: February 29, 2008 07:16PM

The strawberry shortcake sounds great, if only I could afford 30 strawberries for one dish. Where do you find them at a reasonable rate. In the stores they are $4-$5 for about 8 in the pkg.

Date: March 01, 2008 02:09PM

Where do you live? I can get a 1 pound package of strawberries for close to $3.00 at our local discount store. If I go to a major grocer store it is more expensive. It is well worth it. And if you grow them like I do in the spring I will be so overl oaded with strawberries I won't know what do do with them. You can also freeze them and they will work just fine with the recipe. I have done that.

And to answer the question about how long to keep it in the fridge, well I assume no longer than 4 days. That is the time frame to keep things fresh in the fridge.

Posted by: sapphire33 ()
Date: March 08, 2008 01:01PM

I just made this last night and I must say it was absolutely DELICIOUS! I am still excited about it and can not wait until lunch time today..LOL. Thanks for sharing!

Date: March 08, 2008 09:12PM

Sapphire33:

I am glad you liked the recipe. So did I and that is why I shared. Doesn't taste just like a shortcake? Hmmmmm.

Carsick8:

Well I always read that is the time frame to keep fresh food in the fridge. So I always go by that rule. Am I the only one who ever heard this?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 09, 2008 01:39PM

I can get the frozen ones for $2/lb. They are about the same price when in season.

This is conventional. Organic, forget it. Out of my reach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables