Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Delicious and Simple Nut, Carrot, and Olive Oil Wrap
Posted by: rawvnessa9 ()
Date: March 16, 2008 02:11AM

My first day of becoming a raw foodie, I experimented with a lot of different cooking ideas. The one I found most rewarding was a simple wrap i made with a few common house-hold food items, its wonderful for all you olive-oil enthusiasts!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw pine nuts
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 carrot- make sure not to peel off the skin, that is where most of the beta carotene content is!
2 full leaves of lettuce
Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper

Smash the pine nuts on a cutting board until you have small 'chunks'. I used the hilt of a knife for this, but for a more economical method, you can just cover the nuts with plastic wrap and grind them beneath a book or other object. Scrape off cutting board and into a bowl. Set aside. Now, dice up the carrot (after properly washing!!) into small chunks about equal with the size of the pine nut fragments. Scoop into the bowl as well and pour in olive oil. Stir. You should have a sticky paste, not watery at all- the olive oil acts as an adherant. If your pine nuts and carrots still arent together, add a little more olive oil.

Now, season your paste with a dash of salt and pepper, and scoop into your two lettuce leaves. Makes two very flavorful wraps- the nuts act in excellent harmony with the olive oil and seasoning and the carrots and lettuce create amazing texture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Delicious and Simple Nut, Carrot, and Olive Oil Wrap
Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 21, 2008 03:42PM

I'm going to try this. Last wraps I made didn't turn out so good. Too much onion! I was tasting it for days.

What kinds of lettuce are best for wraps? I tried making one with romaine the other day, becuae they have the nice big leaves, but the crunchy "spine" made it hard to roll up. So I had to do some complicated lettuce-spine removal surgery to make it rollable. Then I'm sitting there with romaine spines to snack on. lol

-DaveK

Re: Delicious and Simple Nut, Carrot, and Olive Oil Wrap
Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:16PM

I have found the best lettuce (so to speak) leaves are a cabbage leaf. It is called Nappa Cabbage. It tastes great raw, even the spine of it. It is even sturdy enough for a wrap. I have found with types of lettuce leaves they tend to fall apart or tear easily. The nappa cabbage doesn't do that it is tastes good. Try it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables