Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Outdoor raw vegan potluck Tuesday May 23rd, Palo Alto, CA
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 18, 2006 06:18PM

Hi,

raw vegan potluck Tuesday May 23rd in Greer Park, Palo Alto, California. This will start around 6:30pm and go until people go home or sunset.

You should bring the follow:
- a raw vegan dish (main course and/or desert, etc.) and all required serving plate/utensiles for that dish.

- plate/bowl/knife/fork/spoon/chopsticks/cut/etc to eat with.

- something to drink (i.e. water, or maybe something to share).

- a blanket (or chair) to sit on.

Greer Park should have a picnic area with seats and tables, but best bring something to sit on like a blanket just incase space is limited. I'm not sure how many people will show up, maybe plan on your dish serving 5 to 8 people.

Sounds good? Let me know if you can make it. Feel free to email if you've got any questions.

So let's meet at the picnic area at Greer Park. Directions to get to Greer Park in Palo Alto from 101:
Take the OREGON EXPWY exit - go 0.6 mi
Turn left on W BAYSHORE RD - go 0.4 mi
Turn right on AMARILLO AVE - go 0.1 mi

The address for those printing maps is, 1098 Amarillo Ave. at West Bayshore Road, Palo Alto.

YAY, I'm looking forward to sharing food with you people.

Take care,
Ian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Outdoor raw vegan potluck Tuesday May 23rd, Palo Alto, CA
Date: May 26, 2006 07:13PM

Hi,

this turned out to be lots of fun. There where 9 adults and 2 children, everybody had a good time and there was some yummy food there.

I'll hold another in a week or so, come a long and enjoy yourself.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: May 28, 2006 08:28AM

hey! i am out in santa cruz, i don't have a car but maybe one day i will be able to join the friends .. this sounds like a lot of fun!!

Date: May 29, 2006 04:10AM

Hey Lilpaws!

If there is any thing I can do to help you make it to the potluck, let me know (a ride from the train station or whatever). I know it can be a pain getting to/from santa cruz and the rest of the bay area without a car, I did it enough when I live in SC.

Isn't there a raw vegan restuarant the openned up in downtown Santa Cruz? I'll be in SC most of tomorrow and want to check it out.

Cheeers,
Ian.

Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: May 29, 2006 08:31AM

thanks for the offer ian! definitely keep me posted about the next time you're having another potluck and i'll see if i can get a ride up there..

and yes!! the restaurant is cafe la vie, on front street parallel to pacific avenue
[www.lavie.us]

it's great! a bit pricey but the each plate is good enough for two and definitely worth checking out!

when and how long did you live here? did you go to ucsc?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables