Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hey all :-)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 22, 2008 08:55AM

Hi. I'm Rebecca and i'm 19 and from London. I have been vegan for near 3 years now, and veggie for a year before that (primarily for ethical reasons) but recently I have felt that both physically and mentally my body would suit a raw/living foods diet. During my 3 years as a vegan my diet has swung about abit, in Uni I tended to eat lots of junk food but I have also gone for weeks on primarily raw foods and loved it, I can have a tendancy to slip back into bad eating habits but now I really do feel ready for a proper, positive, change. I'm looking to get about 70% plus raw/living foods and work on increasing the amount. Over the last week I have cut out all sweets and high sugar snacks (they tended to tire me out after an initial sugar 'high') and have been sprouting lots at home. Over the past week I have included 200g a day of raw organic alflafa sprouts (some packaged and some home grown) and i'd like to have a daily consumption of different types of sprouts at around 300g plus, which would basically mean that they are snacks as well as on one or two meals of the day. Within the past week i've also maintained a raw breakfast, usually a piece of organic citrus fruit or some berries, I do have some herbal or green/white tea with this as well though. I'm working on incorperating more greens into my diet, currently its confined to spinach and some small amounts of kale a few times a week, as well as some vitamineral green mixes (I have tried wheatgrass and barleygrass in various forms, inc. juicing it in my kitchen and I seriously can say they are some of the nastyest drinks i've ever ever had, I really could not like them!)
One of the main reasons I originally looked on this site was for the recipes (very nice!!) and the articles to which are always informative and interesting. Hopefully on here I can see how others started out on their raw food diets and any little bits of info!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2008 08:57AM by Becka.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey all :-)
Posted by: justin26 ()
Date: June 22, 2008 03:59AM

Hey Rebecca

How is it living in London? Is it easy to get organic food (green’s fruits and veggies)?

It’s nice to see someone who is younger. I am 21 living in America. My name is Justin and it’s nice to meet you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables