Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Aloha Maui!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:15PM

My name is Jennifer, originally from Montana but currently living on the Oregon Coast. I am moving to Maui in August and am totally thrilled to be in an area so rich and abundant with fresh, live food! (that being a large part of why I am heading to Hawaii)

I wanted to introduce myself to any other fellow raw-foodies on Maui. It seems like such a natural place to be raw (and oh my goodness to be WARM again!). I've toyed with raw food on and off for years but it was only about 9 months ago that I made the decision to heal my body and my life and get on with the big adventure. It is the number one most important decision I have ever made and I am so excited to have a clean, clear and energized life ahead of me now!

Initially I will be looking for a shared place with a room to rent or a studio, preferably under $700. It would warm my heart to be in a community of other raw or vegetarian, positive-thinking people. I am keeping my eyes open, too, for a reliable car to purchase fairly soon upon arrival.

Also in the works upon landing will be employment. I have many skills that range from waiting tables to framing and matting art. For many years I have been the Computer Gal 2 Go, providing customized in-home computer training along with web design and development. I would love to start up Computer Gal again and offer my services on Maui.

I look forward to hearing from and meeting you soon!

Jennifer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aloha Maui!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 29, 2008 11:08PM

Oh..I had a childcare that was from Maui and I heard wonderful things about that island in particular. I'm told it's the island that has retained most of it's native flora and fauna and natural setting. I plan on moving from Portland to Hawaii also, but around October. Maybe we'll meet up sometime as we both are leaving Oregon to to to essentially same destination.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: July 02, 2008 04:27PM

aloha jennifer! e komo mai to another rawfoodist named jennifer hahahaha... (is this island big enough for both of us??) i certainly recognize that zestful enthusiasm from my own decision to chuck mainland life and embrace the islands 8 years ago... maui is a very special place, a very healing place, and, if you love it here as much as i do, you'll never leave!

have a safe journey.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 04, 2008 03:24AM

I wonder if I will ever get to Hawaii..even just a visit...It's a goal worthy of keeping..I plan on doing it sometime. I promise myself I will if at all possible.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2008 02:55PM

was wondering how it was going? I am contemplating the same move....how have you
found the relocation, housing, employmentt... I would love to hear more

Posted by: rawsomefoods ()
Date: September 25, 2008 10:46PM

Aloha,
I moved to Kauai in early August but returned to the mainland as I found it to not e very sustainable. I worked on a hydroponic farm but it was not organic. I was looking for a permaculture community but did not find one. I did find that the "red dirt" so famous in Hawaii is iron oxide and it takes years to make a garden...most of the dirt comes from the mainland at great expense. Also, the fruit fly on Kauai (and other islands, I am told) stings the wild and cultivated fruit and lays its eggs in the fruit. It is quite a problem and states on the mainland have sprayed to rid themselves of it.
There were individual gardeners who had worked for years to create abundant gardens but they were not looking for live-in help. Neither were the folks who were doing the farmer's markets.
I found it to be very expensive for lodging and food although the north shore was truly beautiful.
Since my work, lodging and transportation was all tied to a person who was not really raw as advertised here, and very egocentric, I decided to return to the mainland and regroup.
Would be interested in hearing what you found on Maui.
All the Best,
Celeste

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables