Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ready to start raw
Posted by: cal_gundert05 ()
Date: June 09, 2008 03:02AM

Hi everyone

My name's Mike. I have been interested in the raw food diet for about a month now--in particular, the basic nature of the diet. In most things, I try to behave as fundamentally human as possible, and I think that the raw food diet fits the bill when it comes to eating. Of course, there are other benefits, too.

To sum things up, the last month has not been a good one for me. I've been eating junk food like mad. What probably could have been a rather simple transition from minimally-processed cooked foods to raw foods has been complicated and prolonged by my bad choices this past month; choices that have negatively affected me physically and mentally. But today is the turning point, and I'm ready to start my new life tomorrow.

See you on the other side.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ready to start raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 09, 2008 02:39PM

Welcome Mike!
Its never too late to start.
I had a rough transition period myself,flip flopping back and forth between totally raw food days and...of all things...pizza and beer days.
But I got past that,and you can too .
Its like the alkalinity of the raw foods eventually win out over all the "make you feel miserable" acid foods,and you get a sense of peace that you dont want to destroy.
Hope that makes sense.
Brian

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2008 05:28PM

Mike, how's it going? I'm with you, I have been raw several times in the past, 8 weeks on 8/1/1 several years ago, and 5 months "raw" last spring/summer (Juliano raw, not 8/1/1 raw) and i need/want/am ready to switch to 811, but MAN is it hard. I gave up alcohol and "they" say it takes three days for the physical cravings to end and have it all detoxed from your system, and it feels the SAME way with SAD food...its a B trying to get off it, even though I want to AND have experienced raw feelings of quiet happiness before. Interesting. I think cooked food is possibly the worst addiction (if you want to call it that) there is.

Please write more, if you like, 'cause you are not alone!

Rachel

Posted by: cal_gundert05 ()
Date: June 15, 2008 05:21AM

Ha, funny you posted today, Rachel. Maybe it's my slightly contrarian attitude, but I didn't stay raw after my original post. I've been eating major junk the past few days. I did, however, want to use this weekend to 'reboot,' so today I've been sleeping a lot and trying to keeping my mind busy, as well as fasting. We'll see what tomorrow holds, but I'd like to stay raw--my best motivation right now is to go against the conventional diet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables