Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living or Raw?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 25, 2008 04:03AM

Can someone tell me why it is called living foods? I can manage understanding raw foods but if a fruit or vegie has been picked form it's life force is it called living? Or is that for sprouts and the sort?

I am very interested in this raw food nutrition. For years I have been ill and on so much medication. Because of this I have gained so much weight and now I am on disability barely able to make it financialy. I need food to work for me! My desire is to be healthy and strong.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for newbies?

Thank you for reading.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living or Raw?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 27, 2008 12:26AM

Raw implies 'not cooked'. Living denotes 'able to potentially grow'. Something may not be cooked, but still be dead enzymatically. While living foods MUST be enzymatically fresh and active - more vital. Just my take.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: June 28, 2008 05:42AM

I supose fruit is living in the sense that it's seeds can grow. I've never actually seen any list of what is considered living and what is raw.

As far as suggestions, there are a lot of raw resources online, and newbies always want books. If you are going to buy raw books, you might be able to read the books on Google Books first. You can find books that talk about healing your particular health problems by typing in "raw food" and "your concern" and it will let you read pages from books that have those words:
[books.google.com]
Another great forum:
[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

Welcome to raw! You'll love it!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 08, 2008 03:47PM

I am also very new to raw foods. while I have been a vegatarian before and wish to go back, I know nothing about how to eat raw. and live that way.
So anyone who has any advice would be nice

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: July 09, 2008 02:02AM

kipsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone tell me why it is called living foods?
> I can manage understanding raw foods but if a
> fruit or vegie has been picked form it's life
> force is it called living? Or is that for sprouts
> and the sort?
>
> I am very interested in this raw food nutrition.
> For years I have been ill and on so much
> medication. Because of this I have gained so much
> weight and now I am on disability barely able to
> make it financialy. I need food to work for me!
> My desire is to be healthy and strong.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for
> newbies?
>
> Thank you for reading.

Like the above posts.. "living foods" have "vibrant life force" [www.understanding-cancer.com] .... consider a sun-dried herb.. it is raw (uncooked) by definition but it is no longer "living" in the sense that the biological activities that enabled the plant to thrive have ceased, and the enzymes etc. that accompanied that process have been reduced or eliminated.

Hi LeHund, just start increasing fresh fruits and veggies at a comfortable rate and go from there. Welcome!

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: July 10, 2008 04:12PM

I was very ill several years ago and started the raw foods after eating a more vegetarian diet for many months. Juicing greens really made the difference for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables