Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New from Northern California
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 25, 2008 04:36PM

Hello! My name is Christie and I live in the lower Sierras of California. I'm a stay at home mom, homeschooling 4 children and I do children's portrait photography on the side too. smiling smiley

I grew up mostly vegetarian (my mom took me out of school to go to animal rights rallies, lol) switched to vegan when my second son was born with serious allergies to dairy. I read Nature's First Law a few years ago and went raw for one month, felt the best I ever have in my entire life... but then succumbed and went back.

I recently read Skinny Bitch and gave up refined sugars, grains, etc. and then moved onto raw foods now. I'm on day 3 and i feel fantastic already. I already feel so connected to the earth and like I just want to hug everyone that I see and share this with them.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here. I've been loving browsing this forum the past few days... so much kindness and generosity here. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New from Northern California
Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 14, 2008 07:16AM

Hey Christie-
I'm a stay at home mom too in Nevada City. Thats fantastic that you had an upbringing that didnt involve eating meat! And that you are passing it on to 4 children. I just had my first 7 months ago, and am also sooo thankful for this forum. I've been trying to organize a raw meetup, and will let you know if anything happens with that!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2008 09:05PM

heyy! im from norcal too, here in the bay area. i just started my raw food diet 3 days ago and i am feeling great. i just read the book "quantum wellness" by kathy freston. it really educated me and convinced me to become vegetarian and possibly vegan in the future. i would be interested if a meetup is organized =]

thanks!

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: July 18, 2008 12:33AM

Can those of you from Northern California tell me your thoughts on the Los Gatos Mountain area? I've never been to CA, but we will be moving there and we are trying to narrow down some places to consider when we arrive.

What are the pros/cons of the mountain areas of Los Gatos (we don't want to live right in any city/town).

Thanks for any input!

Love,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables