Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where Can You Find A Veg Eco-Village in the Continental USA?
Posted by: earthwrite ()
Date: June 26, 2008 03:51AM

My husband and I have a very painful dilemma and we don't know what to do. sad smiley Long story short, we have been strict vegan for 11 years. Although ideally, we'd prefer to live with vegans in an eco-village, at this point, we'd be happy to share space with at least strict vegetarians, The difficulty we're encountering when searching for eco-villages in the USA is that all the eco-villages are omnivorous with people who eat meat, except for the vegan/vegetarian eco-villages in Hawaii, which is nice and lovely, but Hawaii is not an option and we're not interested in Hawaii at this time. Without getting too much into it, we believe in a live and let live attitude and we respect others' choices as long as they respect ours. We've been strict vegetarian for 16 years and we haven't shared a meal or refrigerator with people who eat meat and it's very difficult for us to do that. It is very important for us to live in a quiet symbiotic chemical-free and fragrance-free, smoke-free, environmentally sound sustainable eco-village with a supportive network of like-minded people. We're currently residing in Florida and we urgently need to leave the South and move North. We're not certain at this moment which specific direction we want and need to go, but we are aware of the geo-political climate and we need to live somewhere where we can experience cold winter with 30-50 as the low without being in the Atlantic Current Freeze Zone. We don't know where else to look and we've looked in ic.org and ecovillage.org and all the eco-villages listed in those places are omnivorous, except for Hawaii. We have other needs as well, but at the moment, we need to at least find an eco-village or community that's non-meat vegetarian. Please contact us with any information and help. We appreciate it. Thank you.

Wear organic or wear nothing!
[bodyearthself.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where Can You Find A Veg Eco-Village in the Continental USA?
Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: June 29, 2008 02:29PM

Storm and Jinjee Talifero are starting one:

[www.rawveganvillage.com]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 30, 2008 11:45PM

Too bad these types of places want so much money..but then it's a way to afford your dream if you are initial owner and can afford to start such a large enterprise up.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 01, 2008 01:37PM

I live on 71/2 acres and I would love to create my own village someday. I was looking at this place: [www.ashinah.com] . It is on 5 acres and is beautiful, so this seams like a realistic goal for me. I would rather have more land because I want to incorporate an animal sanctuary.

Earthwrite, I looked at your my space and your anti-fragrance video and eventually came to the site with the e-book. Is that your book? My nephew just moved in with us and started having horrible allergy attacks in the mornings. We went into his room to discover the stench of artificial fragrance. It was all over everything he had brought from his house. We are still airing it all out. His allergy symptoms are just about gone. Since we don't use chemicals in the rest of the house, he became sensitive to it when he was in his room for a few hours. I guess when he lived with it all the time his body didn't react as strongly, just absorbed all those toxins without much of a fight. I am glad he is no longer ignorant to the harm it was doing to him. I need to talk to him about his hygiene products.

Good luck finding your perfect place to live.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 21, 2008 08:18PM

Check out "The Farm". It's located in Summertown, Tennessee. I visited last summer and it's absolutely beautiful.

Date: November 03, 2008 02:29PM

Check out www.ic.org
You can search with preferences... there's a lot out there.

Date: March 23, 2009 02:51AM

Hi brand new to this site tried for a site like this and great news it does exsist I am raw vegan and would also love to find a place to raise my 7 year old with like minded people. maybe if ther e are enough of us we could all do something together

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 10, 2009 11:05PM

campjoygardens.org?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables