Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seattle dude needs inspiration
Posted by: robbyd ()
Date: July 23, 2008 09:12PM

Hello all,

I'm a 25 years-old male living in Seattle, and I'm new to the raw diet. I'm not very creative in the kitchen and am getting bored of eating sliced fruit, salads, raw nuts, and smoothies. I can't even grow sunflower seed sprouts! I have a few veggie friends but no raw ones, so it's hard to stay on the 80-90% raw track. I think I need a raw friend/mentor/instructor/companion to help me out.

Any other ideas of where to start? raw food books? easy recipies?

Thanks,
Robby

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seattle dude needs inspiration
Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: July 23, 2008 11:59PM

Robby, you are very fortunate to be living in Seattle! There are several raw food restaurants and from what I have read on the internet, TONS of raw food enthusiasts down there! I live north of you and even in our remote area there are raw food potlucks. Get online, type in rawfood potlucks and there is a site that tells you where in your area you can go to find one. Hang in there buddy!

Date: July 24, 2008 03:42PM

Thanks yogi33! I found a weekly potluck in Seattle.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 04, 2008 05:43AM

Say! I'm in Seattle! I could use a weekly potluck! Where did you find it? Where can I go to a weekly raw potluck?

Ron

Date: August 13, 2008 03:21PM

Hey Ron, I found a Meetup group online. Just google "seattle raw meetup" and you should be able to find it and sign up.

Posted by: LilyPad ()
Date: August 14, 2008 05:34AM

If you want to start sprouting, alfalfa sprouts are super easy all you need is a 1 L mason jar, a piece of mesh and an elastic. Place 1 TBS of alfalfa seeds in the jar and fill with water then place mesh on the top of the jar securing it with the elastic. Let is sit overnight and then drain and keep the jar at a 45 degree angle so the rest of the water can drain. Rinse the seeds twice a day and watch them grow. It takes a week to have a full jar. Good Luck with it!

Love & Light

Anita

Date: August 26, 2008 05:56AM

Hey,

I'm living in Oregon but I'd be willing to offer support through email or phone... I need a support buddy right now too. I'm 25 too, it would be cool to talk to someone my own age. Email me if you want, I don't get on the forums very often for some reason!

Posted by: PocoLoco ()
Date: August 27, 2008 11:18PM

Hey...

I'm in Seattle and may also check out that meetup thing you listed. I am just starting out and am having a hard time finding appropriate+tasty things to eat. My competence level is at the "grab a piece of fruit" level and I won't be able to stick it out very long that way.

Date: September 05, 2008 03:18PM

If you guys are all going to the same potluck I might join in too... Can someone email me some info, please?

Date: December 12, 2008 07:17AM

Have you checked out rawwashington.com? It's a great site. I am coming back to Seattle (Redmond) in Feb.... Looking for some support and friends too.

I got an ad up in the classifieds looking for a place to live on the cheap (check it out).

talk soon.

Larissa
:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables