Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kids
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 22, 2006 04:48PM

Hi Everyone,

I am really enjoying reading all of your posts.

I would like to ask for some advice of the moms of teens out there.

I am being drawn more and more to become 100% raw food itarian. I already have found it difficult to navigate through the critism of other parents when it concerns my kids 17 & 15 yo being vegetarian. I do have the reminder of an experience I had when my daughter was 1 yo. She had a very serious reaction to a vaccination and a family friend scolded me saying, "I told you it wasn't healthy to not give her any sugar". So, I do know I shouldn't listen, but sometimes people can be so aggressive. My son plays Div I soccer and they have nicknamed him "seaweed", which he takes as a complement. However, anytime he gets sick or is unusually tired, everyone is so quick to blame it on him being vegetarian, I don't know how I will manage the critism if they find out he has gone completely raw.

OK, so that's a bit of what I mentally torture myself with smiling smiley My question is, how do I convince myself that raw food is healthy for athletes? My daughter also competes in extreme sports. What extra care do I need to take to ensure they simply get enough calories? They cannot afford to loose even a gram of weight. Right now I pile veggies with various bean spreads or goat cheese on Ezekial bread for their lunches. What other 800 calorie transporable food do you all use? I need something that can be wrapped in a piece of wax paper and stuffed into a backpack.

thanks!
Gretchen

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables