Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

in need of support
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 21, 2008 08:50AM

Hi,
I've geen on a raw food diet for about 3 weeks and it's actually going very well. Before that i was a vegan so the transition wasnt to hard. Unfortunately i do not know any one else on raw food and exept for my husband i have no support at all. Socially it is a desaster and my parents freak out. I live in south africa and the fruit is plenty and the quality excellent. I dont plan to quit but i sure could need a few supporting friends.
Thanx, LON

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: in need of support
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 21, 2008 02:49PM

Lon:

-I hear you. People doing the wrong thing will probably NOT understand or approve of people doing the right thing. They are in a 'compromised' state....and it is up to you to support THEM and be a god example. You have to BE the change you want to see. I encourage you to make the small changes daily that you are motivated to do. Set small goals (with timetables) to change gradually....so that you do not feel restricted. Power to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 21, 2008 02:57PM

Hi Ionya.Your doing well,keep going.I too was a raw fooder but I caved in to the addiction of cooked food.It has been scientifically proven that cooked food is addictive and in my eyes, the most addictive of all.to give it a perspective,things that we take,cause damage and is addictive are called drugs and cooked food should be treated as such.My position wasn't ideal,but such is the relentless pressure of having cooked food and the cost of going raw, I fell again victim.It is worth it and now Im back on the net,Im hoping that you too can help me come back to the raw way.Your not allowed to go off the raw way, you have to help me now.It's hard work for sure,your creating a habit that will give you nothing but good.the evidence is there to say what your doing is beneficial on all fronts.Try reading the China Study by Proffessor Campbell if you havn't already.This will put your parents at ease and may even change their ways.It will confirm your beliefs.The food revolution by Dave Robbins is another book.It was these books that opened my eyes.In fact, cooked food causes more damage than eating meat according to some.Somehting I can elaborate on further if you wish.

Date: October 22, 2008 06:01AM

Thanks for the encouraging words.
I dont know if it is only me, but I feel as if my change in diet (I only eat fresh fruit and nuts) did not only change my body but it is as though there is someting spiritialy changing. For the past few weeks I dont need as much sleep as usually, but I still awake refreshed and my dreams... I dream about all the problems I experience and when I wake up I know what to do to solve them. I am much calmer, expecially with my kids and I feel sooo happy all the time. Suddenly I see and hear the birds, I see and smell the blossoming tree in my garden and I enjoy waching all the different colours, and I smell the rain. It feels as if I am awaking after a long sleep.
Do you thing I am just imagining things? Sorry if my english isn't that good, it is my second language.
Oh yes, how much is to much nuts?

Date: October 22, 2008 03:40PM

Hello once again.In the first few weeks of going raw your senses will heighten considerably, as will your energy levels. no longer do you have to reproduce the enzymes destroyed in cooking.As for how many nuts do you eat,well that depends on how tolerant you are to them. Some people can die from eating them. But when they are sprouted even those allergic to them can eat nuts.I suggest very strongly that you start sprouting your nuts/seeds.they will increase their nutritional value ten fold. In fact, there is not a food on the planet that packs as much nutritional value as sprouts. Nuts are also acidic in nature, but turn alkaline when sprouted.Spiritual?.I'd agree with you on that one.I felt the same.Being taoist, we beleive that what we eat and how we eat it affects our spirituality.There is not one religion/philosophy that doesn't disagree(to varying degrees)If my words are a little hard to understand let me know and I'll simplify them.I'm no good at Africaan so your one up there.You also have no need to drink anymore as eating fruit is the best way of taking water,but you probably know all this anyway.How much do you know about raw/fruitarianism

Date: October 23, 2008 06:54AM

hey, I've read a couple of books, so I know a little but still need to learn a lot. I think I was born vegetarian because I never liked meat. In the past year or so my body started to react on food like bread or sugar or actually most of the cooked food in making me feel real bad. I knew if I went to the doctor he would only prescribe medicine and out of experience I knew it would not help my problem at all. For me it was a natural process becomming a fruitarian. I can eat quite a lot of nuts (brazilian, peacan, macadamia, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc. At the moment it is very hot hear so I need to drink water although I also eat a lot of watermelon. I feel like an alien here, nobody understand what I am doing. So, thanx for the support. What is a taoist? I am a christian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables